Brazil falls 41 positions to 99th place in Press Freedom - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Mexico to Argentina.

Moderator: PoFo Latin America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
This is pretty sad, but definitely expected. The Government keeps enforcing violence against opposition and journalists who speak "bad things" about the Government. The free press is even nicknamed "PIG" by the party which controls the government, this nickname means something like "The Pro Coup d'état Press". Brazil will probably adopt a law similar to the infamous argentine "ley de medios" in the near future. The civil society protests didn't allow this kind of law here just yet, but I believe it will not be more than 2 years to be put in practice. Yes, definitely sad news.

"The international freedom of press organization Reporters Without Borders has placed Brazil in the 99th position in the 2011/2012 ranking of press freedom, which evaluates the working conditions of journalists in 179 countries. This was a drop of 41 places when compared to the previous report in 2010.
According to the organization, Brazil was the Latin American country with the biggest fall. It was mentioned the hight level of violence against journalists particularly in the North and Northeast."
Last edited by Soulflytribe on 27 Jan 2012 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
Here's the link to the list:

http://en.rsf.org/press-freedom-index-2010,1034.html

I understand some countries in Europe block out the word nazi or censor anything supporting nazism. I don't get it, I've always been for full freedom of expression, this way we can flush them out, burn their books, and send them to re-education camps.
Social_Critic wrote:I understand some countries in Europe block out the word nazi or censor anything supporting nazism. I don't get it, I've always been for full freedom of expression, this way we can flush them out, burn their books, and send them to re-education camps.

like North Korea with a twist to the right.
excellent :roll:

When I say there is no country for white people, […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

You’re seriously claiming that the fact that the […]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iupfxe38Wj0 Tr[…]

...Most whites see in Trump the last Option to ke[…]