New EU nations - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Berkut
Conspectator wrote:
The only thing we need from you is to get the fuck out of our way!
Well I think it is simply unreasonable to demand to get off his way for someone who has presently got no real sense of direction - like Russia.

Yeah...We're kind of stuck at a crossroad now...Russians don't like crossroads...Eventually we'll hit the road.
By Conspectator
Eventually we'll hit the road.
Very well, and should this eventually happen - you might discover there is none in fact standing on your chosen way. :) You cannot exclude it might be a way on which you might even find fellow-travellers too. But before Russia regains a sense of direction, it seems very unproductive to antagotinise everyone on all possible ways around: doing this, you do not clear all you possible ways, you are just limiting your own options. So driving yourselves into a corner while being at a crossroad is not a very clever strategy, don't you think?..
By betelgeuse
Now really, Berkut. Point by point, why do you think the EU is a threat to Russia?
By Napuljun
Now really, Berkut. Point by point, why do you think the EU is a threat to Russia?

Becuase the NATO was formed to be so and now it has increased by new states members. NATO has no other job excpet to be a 'border guard' against Russia.
By betelgeuse
Napuljun wrote:

Becuase the NATO was formed to be so and now it has increased by new states members. NATO has no other job excpet to be a 'border guard' against Russia.

NATO's ORIGINAL purpose was the containment of the Soviet Union. You are mixing the jars here. Give me one good reason NATO would want to antagonize Russia?
By Napuljun
Don't forget that Russia is a nuclear power with land full of natural resources and ethnic diversities. Got it ?
By Napuljun
;) I knew that was sarcastic. A nice capitalistic recippe for invasion of course.
By Berkut
betelgeuse wrote:NATO's ORIGINAL purpose was the containment of the Soviet Union. You are mixing the jars here. Give me one good reason NATO would want to antagonize Russia?

One very simple reason: NATO still exists! Why would it still be around if there is no more Soviet Union?! That's right...to screw Russia.
Last edited by Berkut on 11 May 2004 22:52, edited 1 time in total.
By Berkut
betelgeuse wrote:Now really, Berkut. Point by point, why do you think the EU is a threat to Russia?

Did I ever say that? I don't consider EU as a "threat". Countries like France, Germany and Italy are actually friendly to Russia and want more cooperation and economic relations, but there is a threat when Baltic states enter EU and NATO! NATO has a direct access to Russia now...And that's a threat.
By caesar
betelgeuse wrote:For a moment there I thought this forum was all debate and no play.

Now let us all hold our hands in simpathy for the great Russian tragedy :eek:

:lol:

The russian people have a big problem with the comunist shoe, it is all over there had. :lol: :D :lol: . Lets wish them good luck. To realise them selfe
By betelgeuse
Berkut wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:NATO's ORIGINAL purpose was the containment of the Soviet Union. You are mixing the jars here. Give me one good reason NATO would want to antagonize Russia?

One very simple reason: NATO still exists! Why would it still be around if there is no more Soviet Union?! That's right...to screw Russia.

NATO was constructed to contain the "Soviet Union". Russia is not the Soviet Union. Actually, after the fall of the USSR NATO became a more economic than military union. After September 11 it became a military alliance once more, but this time the purpose is to fight terrorism/preserve security, not attack Russia.

Did I ever say that? I don't consider EU as a "threat". Countries like France, Germany and Italy are actually friendly to Russia and want more cooperation and economic relations, but there is a threat when Baltic states enter EU and NATO! NATO has a direct access to Russia now...And that's a threat.

You are contradicting yourself. On one hand you say NATO is a threat, but also that Germany and France, NATO members are friends. NATO can't launch military action unless it has aprooval from ALL members.

And once more: why would NATO, or a NATO member want to attack Russia? ONE good reason!
By Essence
This sad day in RUssian history, new nations joining EU. How terrible truly.

I like to remind all new nations joining EU so enthusiastically, we can still be in your capitals rolling tanks in one hour.

just funny and foolish guy.You couldnt handle them now you will recapture them?And you are weaker than us.Your women comes my nation to be a prostitue(in illegal ways they enters Turkey and in a year Turkish Goverment deports about 5000Russian women.)Before annexing new nations comfort your public.Which girls comes Turkey,graduate from Russian University.And instead of using militaristic power just try to continue cultural influence on that nations.As an imperialist nation,i dont think that you have influence but just forgive me.I am saying the truths so you can roll tanks in Istanbul ha?As you did in other nations.Russian pressure period is finished,now American imperialism is continuing what will be the next,i am wondering
By Berkut
Shut up idiot, I think you're confusing your sister with Russian women
By Essence
Shut up idiot, I think you're confusing your sister with Russian women

Instead of ignoring truths,just try to put them in order,try to correct them.When i am seeing Russian pros... in the streets i am being sad,because they are graduated from university and earning money with making sex.This is reality man.In news,in a week many of Russian pros... are seen and they are being deported.And have good manners.
By Garibaldi
Berkut, you should know better than to make one-liners and get upset over a stupid comment about Russian whores. Essence, it is pretty antaganistic of you to make those comments. Why don't we try to keep this arguement on track?

Berkut, there were some pretty good points made. Why would NATO want to invade Russia? or the EU, for that matter? In fact, the EU wants to stay away from Russia, atleast until they can build up their economy and choose to join. As for NATO, they're more of the UN's anti-terror force right now. They're better off not invading Russia, they gain nothing if they do and have an ally in the war on terror if they don't.
By glinert
NATO trying to destroy us it simple, they never get that things change, because America still wants to destroy us and China.
By naked_turk
Berkut wrote:Shut up idiot, I think you're confusing your sister with Russian women
Though out of place and completely irrelevant, Essence is right on this one. Russian prostitutes are so common in Turkey that the slang word for prostitute has become "Natasha." :hmm:
By Berkut
Well I guss most of these "Natashas" are East-Europeans more than Russians. Life in countries like Poland, Czech Rep., Bulgaria etc is way worst than in Russia today...

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]