Zelenski should give in - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Rancid wrote:@BlutoSays

I'm not going to bother reading whatever you wrote. You're as dim witted as they come.

I told ya, you're beautiful when you're angry. At least you capitulate gracefully. :D
Last edited by BlutoSays on 22 Feb 2022 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
wat0n wrote:@BlutoSays do you think any POTUS would defend a non-NATO member like Ukraine as if it were part of NATO?

Proper pressure can be applied. That's a greyscale. You don't have to put boots on the ground in UKR to do that.
By late
BlutoSays wrote:
I told ya, you're beautiful when you're angry. At least you capitulate gracefully.

I admit my mistakes, and fix them.

You've walked away from a hundred, or so, mistakes you've made without comment. And your mistakes are usually not the little ones. They are the OMG kind.

That's a whole lot of capitulation..
OK, maybe it's worth a try. There are several things that can be attempted.

Threatening sanctions again and again in the media, but not doing them doesn't work.
late wrote:I admit my mistakes, and fix them.

You've walked away from a hundred, or so, mistakes you've made without comment. And your mistakes are usually not the little ones. They are the OMG kind.

That's a whole lot of capitulation..

sure. sure. whatever you say.
By wat0n
BlutoSays wrote:Proper pressure can be applied. That's a greyscale. You don't have to put boots on the ground in UKR to do that.

But Biden is, isn't he? What else should he do in your view? :?:
wat0n wrote:But Biden is, isn't he? What else should he do in your view? :?:

For starters, STOP TALKING. His daily proclamations about sanctions show weakness. His daily chants are tantamount to "You're making us very very very very very very very very very very very very mad". (add one very each time).

Secondly, Nordstream should be off. Now. Next, there is leverage with SWIFT. Start turning the screws. There are a multitude of them. Russia has a weak economy. That can be used to our advantage.

Blinken is a frat boy and he looks like it. Move him aside. He doesn't project strength. That's especially bad when we have a weak-kneed sister as president who should be in retired in a rocking chair already.

Forget about the UN. Russia has veto power.

Finally, it should have never gotten this far. Had Biden not attacked energy in his first days in office with executive orders and continued to attack energy, we would even have more leverage. Had he not projected weakness by abandoning Afghanistan in the worst possible way, our adversaries would not have taken as much notice. But having China meet us in Alaska and then lecturing us on our home soil should have been your first clue how things were going to go. This is after DECADES of stealing our intellectual property through computer networks.

Elections have consequences. This is yet another one of many.

BTW, I think Putin turns his eyes to the Baltic states of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia next. Why not? He's getting what he wants with almost no resistance. Then what? Well, I'm sure this administration will be "very very very very very very very very very very very very very mad".
By Rancid
Germany didn't cancel Nord Stream 2. They simply paused it. Presumably, if Putin backs off, they will restart it.
By late
wat0n wrote:
Yes. That's where Biden is moving to.

We're part of NATO, and much of Europe has cold feet. Especially Germany, which is one of the leaders.

We also don't have the army there to fight a war our way, because Putin would call your bluff.

Most experts are giving Biden high marks for getting as much cooperation as he has. He also didn't have the relative passivity Bush and Obama did before the tanks started rolling.

The reality is that there isn't a good solution, just a bunch of shitty options.
Rancid wrote:Germany didn't cancel Nord Stream 2. They simply paused it. Presumably, if Putin backs off, they will restart it.

Right, but I find it unlikely Putin will want to be seen as caving in here. I doubt it will restart anytime soon.

@late @BlutoSays did not call for military action. He's saying what the West will do, pretty much.
By late
wat0n wrote:
@late @BlutoSays did not call for military action. He's saying what the West will do, pretty much.

"Finally, it should have never gotten this far."

As if there was a way to stop it, Putin is obsessed with Ukraine.

"Had Biden not attacked energy in his first days in office with executive orders and continued to attack energy, we would even have more leverage."

You tried that before, I showed you it was complete and utter BS, and you walked away without a peep. Now you're trying it again, it's still BS.

"Had he not projected weakness by abandoning Afghanistan in the worst possible way, our adversaries would not have taken as much notice."

3/4 of America wanted us out. Trump cut the deal, and Biden made the best of a bad situation. If he had renegged on the deal, you'd be bitching about that, and with good reason...
late wrote:"Finally, it should have never gotten this far."

As if there was a way to stop it, Putin is obsessed with Ukraine.

"Had Biden not attacked energy in his first days in office with executive orders and continued to attack energy, we would even have more leverage."

You tried that before, I showed you it was complete and utter BS, and you walked away without a peep. Now you're trying it again, it's still BS.

"Had he not projected weakness by abandoning Afghanistan in the worst possible way, our adversaries would not have taken as much notice."

3/4 of America wanted us out. Trump cut the deal, and Biden made the best of a bad situation. If he had renegged on the deal, you'd be bitching about that, and with good reason...

Putin never even thought about invading UKR under the last administration.

Biden and Company have attacked energy since day one, because that's what the left wing of the DNC wants. The Green New Deal, which is a ridiculous view of energy is not grounded in any facts is a totally unrealistic dream. His nicely titled executive orders are destroying the living standard thru poorly thought out policies.

13990 Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis
14008 Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad
14027 Establishment of Climate Change Support Office
14030 Climate-Related Financial Risk
14037 Strengthening American Leadership in Clean Cars and Trucks
14057 Catalyzing Clean Energy Industries and Jobs Through Federal Sustainability

Don't blame Trump for Biden abandoning Afghanistan in a shit show. The deal was to leave on OUR terms, not the Taliban's.
Biden is not a thinker, he's a believer, and his ideology is flawed on every issue. This administration is a disaster from top to bottom.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

The October 7th attack has not been deemed a genoc[…]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]

Xi Jinping: "vladimir, bend down even lower, […]