Sweden will offer migrants 34,000 USD to go back home - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Seems this European country is aware it has taken in too many migrants and is feeling overwhelmed.
But due to hyper-progressive politics in the country, actual deportations would be too unpalatable. So they are offering money to try to incentivize migrants to leave!

Sweden is offering migrants $34,000 to leave the country

The Swedish government has said it will start offering certain migrants up to 350,000 Swedish kronor (equivalent to $34,000 U.S.) in exchange for returning to their countries of origin, from 2026.

In saying "we are in the midst of a paradigm shift in our migration policy," Migration Minister Johan Forssell said Sweden would increase its offer almost 35 times to entice migrants to go home beginning in 2026.

The current Swedish government program to entice migrants to leave -- $976 per adult, $488 per child, a cap of $3,903 per family -- is little used and was taken up by only one migrant in 2023.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/swede ... d/1180485/ 16 September 2024

Newsweek reports on this story as well:
https://www.newsweek.com/sweden-offer-i ... ry-1953451

Keep in mind the average monthly salary in Sweden is around 28,000 SEK per month ($2750 USD) after taxes, or $32,985 a year.

I also want to point out that the fact they are even offering individual migrants $34,000 to leave means they have calculated it will end up costing their country much more than that if the migrant stays.

There hasn't been any polls that I have seen ab[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@litwin Zelensky thought also Putin bluffs... […]

Israel used an apocalyptic weappon... the pager b[…]