Hunter Biden Indicted. What does this say about the Bidens? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Hunter Biden indicted on 9 tax charges in California
Biden, 53, faces possible prison time if convicted after plea deal fell through earlier this year

Hunter Biden was indicted on nine tax charges in California on Thursday as a special counsel investigation into the business dealings of the U.S. president's son intensifies against the backdrop of the looming 2024 election.

The new charges — three felonies and six misdemeanours — come in addition to federal firearms charges in Delaware alleging Hunter Biden broke a law against drug users having guns in 2018.

They come after the implosion of a plea deal over the summer that would have spared him jail time. Hunter Biden "spent millions of dollars on an extravagant lifestyle rather than paying his tax bills," special counsel David Weiss said in a statement.

The charges are centred on at least $1.4 million US in taxes Hunter Biden owed between 2016 and 2019, a period where he has acknowledged struggling with addiction.

The back taxes have since been paid. If convicted, Hunter Biden could face up to 17 years in prison.

The special counsel probe remains open, Weiss said.

In a fiery response, defence attorney Abbe Lowell accused Weiss of "bowing to Republican pressure" in the case.

"Based on the facts and the law, if Hunter's last name was anything other than Biden, the charges in Delaware, and now California, would not have been brought," Lowell said in a statement.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/hunter-bi ... -1.7052852

I do not buy that these charges are political in nature. Biden's a criminal.

What do you think of it, Pofo?
What does this say about the Bidens? It says that spoilt entitled brats are going to behave like spoilt entitled brats. In other words, it’s not really newsworthy. And yes, Hunter Biden should likely be in prison, for stupidity if nothing else.

Why are we wasting time debating this? :eh:
Why are we wasting time debating this?

I guess because the Republicans will use this as a political lever in their attempt to reinstate the orange ape?
Potemkin wrote:Why are we wasting time debating this? :eh:

Because it's not political in nature, so it must be discussed on a political forum like we're casually discussing non-political issues in a sports bar.

'The Lakers sucks in this season.'

'I don't know but the Bidens are fucking criminals, man.'

'I thought you were unpolitical.'

'What does this have to do with politics?' :eh:
Hunter Biden was indicted on nine tax charges in California on Thursday

Again it is another politically motivated lawsuit and again it happens in a state where Democrats have supermajorities.

US courts and judicial system is politicized under Democrats. These guys are so eager to design US politics by using US judicial system.

There is civil war inside Democratic Party. A sizeable faction of the party oppose Biden's reelection candidacy. Let's see if they can oust Biden.
Tax evasion is illegal, regardless of what people think of as "politically motivated". I suppose charging a person for any crime is "politically motivated" if you support the politics of the person involved, even if it is not.
Potemkin wrote:Why are we wasting time debating this? :eh:

Well my understanding is that Joe Biden was directly involved in some of the corruption. That Hunter would get his Father to video call into business meetings in order to prove that when you employed Hunter Biden you were buying services from the American government. That Joe Biden has blatently lied about this and that the Liberal media has deliberately covered this up.

This would surely be reason enough to discuss, but it becomes even more important these corrupt business dealings between the Vice president and another country when we are funnelling hundreds of billions of dollars into a war in that country in order to destroy Russia.

And yet more, the fact that you've had a leading public intellectual, Sam Harris make this case a point of principle. That the Liberal elite must choose who the President this and that is not merely the right but the duty of the Liberal media to hide any facts from the public that might lead them to vote for the wrong person.
Godstud wrote:

I do not buy that these charges are political in nature. Biden's a criminal.

What do you think of it, Pofo?

We've been promised a conspiracy involving President Biden for years...

and we're still waiting for evidence.

When our solar system gets sucked into a black hole some billions of years from now, we'll still be waiting.
Beren wrote:
It's rather just a power struggle. Some people really mean Biden to go, especially in California, from where his VP happens to be.

Republicans project constantly, and he's just parroting projection.

Republicans are in a power struggle, have been for years. It could break out into open fighting, which would be nice.

Dems are also in a fight, but the Left is a lot more flexible than the extreme Right. But because the Left is a lot less extreme than the Right, and they are part of a generational shift, they have time on their side. The cult, or the extreme Right (if you want to call it that) knows this election is their last chance, time is definitely not on their side.
Well, this is parenting at its worst. An upstanding citizen should educate their own to also be upstanding and law abiding citizens. This is just another example of corruption in the upper classes. No one is above the law. The truth always comes out.

I'm so tired of the liberal versus conservative debate in the US. Neither party comes out looking squeaky clean and perfect.

I do agree that the US needs change. But what kind of change a new president can bring...that's dicey. I used to be proud of the fact that I minored in political science and now, I no longer mention it. It's not a good conversational topic at all.
Anyway, on a more serious post. So far, nothing has linked this tax stuff to the president. If there was, then arrest the president, I'm all for it.

However, using this as some sort of diversion and/or excuse of Trump (as much of the right wing propaganda is trying to do), is basically, fucking retarded.
Beren wrote:'Yeah, tax evasion sucks, man. I knew a guy from LA who was charged with it. Pretty tough stuff.'

Actually, Tax evasion can be pretty fucking serious with its consequences. It can be from a slap on the wrist, to hard time. Depends on the details.

I don't find it surprising mainstream media will a[…]

You couldn't make this up

Pro-Israel Recipients Money from Pro-Israe[…]

It's not an inference that Hamas wants to kill be[…]

This is a redux of the 1970 for US automakers - .[…]