Study Reveals DEPRESSING [I would say DUSGUSTING] Truth About how U.S. Gov. treats U.S. Workers [==] - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Study Reveals DEPRESSING Truth About U.S. Workers - The Young Turks

In the 3 categories of how the Gov. policies treat workers, of the 38 advanced nations, the US scored 38, 32 and 38. Dead last in 2 out of 3 and terrible in the other.
You know the drill, by now.
https://www.you[==]tube.com/watch?v=t94eD8DSG4I&list=TLPQMDIwNzIwMjPAmD2BsPrNsQ&index=16

Last edited by Steve_American on 03 Jul 2023 04:16, edited 1 time in total.
Rancid wrote:America is an advanced developing country basically. THis is what happens when corporations and land have more rights than people.

The US has by orders of magnitude the richest and most powerful corporations in the world. This is also what happens when they and their money are allowed allowed to do easily infiltrate and influence the political system. It's very corrupt.

Canada has far less powerful corporations domestically and their system is also corrupted by them. Western civilization is being eroded by this corruption.
I see a lot of negative responses about the US workforce on Quora dot com. A lot of people are not afraid to speak out about their negative experiences like not getting a promotion even though they deserve it or being fired due to being pushed out by an asshole or bitch manager. The same bad cycle keeps churning and churning. People get burned out and so mad because they realize that they are just hamsters running on a wheel. Where is the progress? Where are the better conditions? Who cares about them? It seems to pay to be a suck up to management. If you actually have a sense of pride and morals...you will not stay long at the company. The bad employees are typically the ones with the most seniority because they talk the talk and walk the walk. They do not mind kissing ass or being super accommodating for management. I call those types spineless and slimy. I wish I didn't have to work because thinking about the office makes me feel ill.

I heard that some young professionals are complaining about their bosses and coworkers on Tiktok as well. And it won't change as long as companies are driven by money and power.
One thing that I think should also be pointed out is that how a government treats its businesses can and does end up having an effect on the workers. It's pointless to talk about how workers are treated if those job opportunities don't exist in the first place.

If we were to remove all the White English-speaking and European countries off that list, the U.S. would number much closer to the top.

Do certain segments of the U.S. economy have a big problem with how workers are treated? Yes.
But other countries such as the U.K. are not completely immune to these problems either, think of the many reports that have come out of Amazon warehouses.

It's also important for Europeans to understand that a big part of why working conditions are so horrible in certain industry sectors in the U.S. is due to the country's immigration policies. There is a very big and clear connection there, very worthy of discussion in another thread.
(Working conditions and pay levels are mainly not determined by laws but by the principles of supply and demand. Use your brain and think how that connects to the issue of immigration)
Puffer Fish wrote:1] One thing that I think should also be pointed out is that how a government treats its businesses can and does end up having an effect on the workers. It's pointless to talk about how workers are treated if those job opportunities don't exist in the first place.

2] If we were to remove all the White English-speaking and European countries off that list, the U.S. would number much closer to the top.

3] Do certain segments of the U.S. economy have a big problem with how workers are treated? Yes.
But other countries such as the U.K. are not completely immune to these problems either, think of the many reports that have come out of Amazon warehouses.

4] It's also important for Europeans to understand that a big part of why working conditions are so horrible in certain industry sectors in the U.S. is due to the country's immigration policies. There is a very big and clear connection there, very worthy of discussion in another thread.
(Working conditions and pay levels are mainly not determined by laws but by the principles of supply and demand. Use your brain and think how that connects to the issue of immigration)

4] This is total BS. Laws have been changed to let corps crush Unions. These are laws. Unions help set working conditions and pay.
Immigration could be controlled if laws were enforced to keep illegals from working at all. The Repuds don't do this because the corps who pay them want cheap labor to hold down wages.

2] If we removed 30 of the 38 nations include then America would look better. If I removed 90% of people with more incomes than me, I would look better. So what?
I reject the idea of not looking at the fll list of comparable nations.
Do you have some reason that some "comparable" nations are not really comparable to the US?

1] According to my sources, the US has less trade with the rest of the world than almost every other comparable nation. This means that the US has less need for foreign trade.
. . . The UN and FDR declared that a job is a human right. MMT proposes that to stabilize inflation the US have a Federal Job Guarantee Program that is locally administered. [As long as it doesn't discriminate against the protected groups.] So, MMTers assert that the US can provide a job for everyone, and not cause inflation. Yes, some of these jobs will be doing things that corps can't make a profit while doing them. This non-profitability doesn't mean the community isn't getting very useful work being done. So, everyone can have a job in the US.

:lol: ‘Caracalla’ and ‘Punic’, @FiveofSwords .[…]

Trump still has sentencing. LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM[…]

Current Jewish population estimates in Mexico com[…]

Ukraine stands with Syrian rebels against Moscow- […]