Private Bone Spurs: soldiers are losers and suckers - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Beren wrote:It's an unjust comparison because Jehovah is an almighty god from the Bible, while Thor's just an Avengers hero from some Nordic mythology.

The reason Jehovah is still worshipped today and Thor is a comic book cartoon is because Jehova has a big swinging smoter and Thor is a punk.
Sivad wrote:The reason Jehovah is still worshipped today and Thor is a comic book cartoon is because Jehova has a big swinging smoter and Thor is a punk.

The real reason is that Nordic mythology was replaced with Christianity completely, while Judaism wasn't. Which still proves your point, however, that Jehova is a kick-ass deity and Thor's just a punk.
Beren wrote:The real reason is that Nordic mythology was replaced with Christianity completely, while Judaism wasn't. Which still proves your point, however, that Jehova is a kick-ass deity and Thor's just a punk.

Yeah, Jehovah scared his bitches straight for like a hundred generations, Thor couldn't hold it down for 20. In all reality though I would give a lot more credit to the Hebrew priestcraft than the deity. Those Jews really know how to invent a religion. They were the power behind the thrones of numerous world empires from Egypt to Persia and then they schlonged the whole world with the Jesus cult. Jews do religion up, they don't fuck around.
Sivad wrote:Yeah, Jehovah scared his bitches straight for like a hundred generations, Thor couldn't hold it down for 20. In all reality though I would give a lot more credit to the Hebrew priestcraft than the deity. Those Jews really know how to invent a religion. They were the power behind the thrones of numerous world empires from Egypt to Persia and then they schlonged the whole world with the Jesus cult. Jews do religion up, they don't fuck around.

And if you're not so spiritual, you still can worship money.
Jews do religion so good that they even made me a believer. I may not believe in the literal truth of the Creation or the Exodous or the Jesus myth but that Book they put together contains more raw truth about human nature and the spiritual predicament of the world than any other tradition in history even comes close to approaching.
Sivad wrote:Jews do religion so good that they even made me a believer. I may not believe in the literal truth of the Creation or the Exodous or the Jesus myth but that Book they put together contains more raw truth about human nature and the spiritual predicament of the world than any other tradition in history even comes close to approaching.

So you simply believe in the sense of the Bible.
@Potemkin

Potemkin wrote:Trump, like most religious fanatics, takes his religion very seriously. And that religion is, of course, capitalism - the art of making money. His contempt for those who value other things than just making money - such as sacrificing one's own life for the good of one's nation, for example - is the contempt of a religious fanatic for infidels and heretics.

I marvel at how selfish and self centered people like Trump are and there seems to be more people like Trump these days who value ONLY themselves and ONLY what's strictly in it for them. That is what is wrong with the world today. I mean, I just can't imagine being THAT SELF CENTERED and THAT SELFISH. I mean, what is wrong with people these days. It just boggles my mind that somebody can be THAT selfish and self centered. In my view, Trump represents EVERYTHING that is wrong with America today.

@blackjack21

blackjack21 wrote:The Atlantic had 10 on-the-record people who indicated this was false, and four "anonymous sources" who came up with this story. Either the Atlantic made this up from whole cloth, or a bunch of embittered neoliberal/neoconservative types came up with it and pitched it to the Atlantic. Virtually nobody believes the story--not even you guys. You can pretend that you believe it and are horrified by it, but the act has worn pretty thin.

I hate to break it to you but YOU are the one who is not facing the facts and seeing Trump for who he really is. I have NO DOUBT Trump said these things about our war dead. It follows and already FACTUAL AND PROVEN pattern of Trump. But you are willfully live in denial of this reality because it suits your narrow selfish interests. In many ways, you are very much like Trump himself in that he ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY cares about himself ONLY and NOBODY ELSE. He is THAT BAD, LITERALLY without exaggeration. A lot of people who support Trump are very much like him and fit those extraordinarily selfish character traits.
Sivad wrote:Most atheists are retards

Two can play that game...

Most theists are retards. Theism is a retard reaction to the retarded proposition that there is a God/creator that intervenes in the world.

:)
jimjam wrote:When you lie countless times every day it’s hard to get people to believe you when you want them too.

Yes. That is why nobody believes the Atlantic story. I don't think you believe it either.

jimjam wrote:We have all seen the disrespect for Gold Star families, for John McCain, for veterans who don’t fall on the “right” side of political lines.

Yes. So we know it isn't about respect for the military or military service, it is about politics.

jimjam wrote:We have heard zero about the bounty placed on soldiers by the Russians.

The story appeared during the Obama administration, and we heard little about it then too. It's likely because the story is apocryphal, and probably a lie.

jimjam wrote:And remember when Donald was asked how his "bone spurs" were doing and he said, "They just went away." :lol: :lol:

Yes. You're saying he dodged the draft. So did presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton. This makes Trump unique among baby boomers in your view? Or is it my view that you are trying to persuade?

jimjam wrote:Sorry #21, after about 2500 lies your man doesn't have a whole lot of credibility ….

He does have a lot of political support, however.

jimjam wrote:Actions speak louder than words.

Trump has political support, because of his political actions. A lot of people who support Trump actually don't like him personally.

Heisenberg wrote:I'm genuinely amazed that after FIVE years of Trump being in the public eye, liberals still think the "vulgar hypocrite" attack line will work.

It is truly amazing. What it suggests to me is that they learned this stuff in a playbook, and they really think it will work. Why? Probably because it used to work.

Heisenberg wrote:I'm starting to think we could generate broad popular support, across ideological lines, for putting the likes of David Frum and Jennifer Rubin in a human zoo. It's past time that we studied the physiological basis of Extreme West Wing Brain. :lol:

Well, we can certainly see predictability and patterns of behavior. I'm guessing we'll be treated to another person who Donald Trump allegedly had sex with fairly soon.

jimjam wrote:The Atlantic magazine published a story on Thursday in which four sources close to Donald Trump said he cancelled a visit to pay respects at an American military cemetery outside Paris in 2018 because he thought the dead soldiers were “losers” and “suckers” and DID NOT WANT TO MESS UP HIS HAIR .

No jimjam. The Atlantic magazine published a story on Thursday in which it CLAIMED that four sources, whom they refuse to disclose, said Trump said nasty things about military veterans, etc. The official records suggest otherwise, and ten other sources also say that the imaginary sources are wrong.

jimjam wrote:Elizabeth Neumann, a former assistant secretary of counter-terrorism in the Department of Homeland Security, and Miles Taylor, a former chief of staff in that department, said the account was true, asserting that Trump’s low opinion of soldiers killed and wounded in combat was well known inside the administration.

Actions speak louder than words. Trump turned around the Veterans Administration. That's why disgruntled former employees with a political axe to grind are not going to be believed when Trump overhauled the Veterans Administration, when neither Obama, Bush or Clinton did.

jimjam wrote:Reports by the Washington Post and the Associated Press and other media outlets, Fox News among them, also corroborated the Atlantic story.

They cited the story. These imaginary sources don't exist.

jimjam wrote:Democratic Illinois senator Tammy Duckworth, who lost both her legs in combat in Iraq, accused Trump of attempting to “politicize and pervert our military to stroke his own ego”. “I take my wheelchair, and my titanium legs over Donald Trump’s supposed bone spurs any day,” she added, referring to one reason Trump received draft deferments during the Vietnam war.

Tammy Duckworth lost her legs in a war George W. Bush started. It's interesting that she is suddenly critical of Trump, who overhauled the Veterans Administration, but not of Obama, Bush or Clinton, who actually did tolerate poor service to military veterans. As we know, this is all about politics, and not about the military.

Potemkin wrote:The First World War destroyed most of the European Empires and crippled the ones which survived. It also led directly to the establishment of Communism in the ex-Russian Empire, and thereafter in China and elsewhere. Quite frankly, the First World War was one of the best things which ever happened to humanity.

And Fascism in Germany, Spain, and Italy... and virtually all of the communist and fascist regimes were an abysmal dystopian failure.

Beren wrote:As for Trump, he may simply believe that dying or being captured on the battlefield is completely useless and doesn't require any special ability, so thus it just shouldn't be glorified and only suckers choose or have to do that, so dodging military service is neither cowardice nor irresponsibility.

People who actually believe that about troops want Trump supporters to believe that about Trump in hopes that they will think Trump is a bad person and not vote for him. This is because they decided not to address illegal immigration and trade policy.

Sivad wrote:Nazism and Communism taught the world about the horrors of totalitarianism. It was a brutal lesson but it was crucial to the preservation of human freedom so we should all be eternally grateful to all those who suffered so immensely under it. Their horrific ordeal provided world civilization with invaluable edification.

The irony is that it taught the people who lived under totalitarianism and some liberals how horrible it was; yet, people who live in liberal societies still embrace totalitarian ideology as an antidote to what bothers them about liberal society.

Politics_Observer wrote:I hate to break it to you but YOU are the one who is not facing the facts and seeing Trump for who he really is.

You love to break it to me. What you don't understand is that I don't give two shits about who Trump really is. I care about what he does as a policy matter. I care about who he is not. I'm not looking for a savior in a politician.

Politics_Observer wrote:I have NO DOUBT Trump said these things about our war dead.

And so you now support gun control, higher taxes, a green new deal, Antifa/BLM rioters, and so forth just because of this? I'm guessing you already held these views, and this story about Trump has not changed your political outlook one iota.

Politics_Observer wrote:But you are willfully live in denial of this reality because it suits your narrow selfish interests.

Actually, I don't believe the story, because I typically cast a gimlet eye on anonymous sources, and I think such stories in the lead up to an election is generally to influence a voter about a candidate about some moral failing of the candidate that has little or nothing to do with policy.

Politics_Observer wrote:In many ways, you are very much like Trump himself in that he ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY cares about himself ONLY and NOBODY ELSE.

Uh huh. He doesn't buy things for his wife, or his kids, and so on. He's just a terrible terrible guy. So what do you think about free trade with China? Do you think Trump has a point there, or no?

Politics_Observer wrote:He is THAT BAD, LITERALLY without exaggeration.

I get the sense you believe this with all your heart based on your use of all caps.

Politics_Observer wrote:A lot of people who support Trump are very much like him and fit those extraordinarily selfish character traits.

In other words, we're deplorable...
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

What is there to post nowadays besides same old, […]

@Tainari88 Elvis was the king of appropriation[…]

I already answered this, but here it is again: I[…]

Because it is your argument. Given I've already[…]