Department of Justice drops Flynn Case - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
jimjam wrote:Am I above the law also or are only trump team members above the law? Is it OK for us all now to ignore laws? Oh My! This is all so confusing. :?: I used to think that if you pleaded guilty you were guilty ….. I guess it depends on who you know. I'm shit out of luck I guess. I just know common people. I don't know any royalty.

Since @late has avoided answering the question at least 5 times now maybe you can answer for the forum leftists.

What was the FBI interviewing Flynn for in the first place? What was the crime ?
Finfinder wrote:What was the crime ?

'Acting as an agent for a foreign power' as defined under the provisions of the Foreign Agents Registration Act of 1938 as amended is one of the reasons I suspect given the intelligence interest.

:)
Hindsite wrote:
We only have to wait to see what Judge Sullivan will do in light of all this new evidence to see if he discusses these complex legal issues coherently enough for everyone.

He has already demolished Finny's argument.
late wrote:“Flynn has repeatedly [offered a coerced guilty plea] in U.S. District Court.”

Fixed that for you. But of course, the legal community can’t admit that’s what it is, since that would also invalidate all the other “guilty” pleas coerced through threats against other family members and bankruptcy.
Doug64 wrote:
Fixed...

Broken...

“What Barr has done on Trump’s behalf with respect to Flynn, who entered a fully justified guilty plea that the district court duly approved, is blatantly and purely partisan,” constitutional scholar Laurence Tribe tells me. “I know of no similarly corrupt action in the Justice Department’s entire history. This latest outrage, which closes the circle that began with Trump’s attempt to get [then-FBI Director] James Comey to go easy on Flynn and with Trump’s firing of Comey for his failure to do so, just goes to show that a president with a sufficiently unprincipled and compliant Attorney General needn’t even bother to abuse his pardon power to bail out his loyal henchmen.”
Prof Tribe
late wrote:That report would have landed Trump in jail, if he wasn't the president.

First, that report specifically found no collusion with Russia, which isn't a crime even if there was collusion. Second, it failed to establish the elements of the crime of obstruction of justice too. So Mueller (meaning Andrew Weissman) wrote hundreds of pages of speculative bullshit. Then, when Mueller was brought in to testify, he flubbed badly as he was obviously a bit senile and wasn't apparently running the show.

late wrote:Love the crazy!

Indeed you do.

Finfinder wrote:Only in an Obama and liberal Democrat administration can you justify the FBI interviewing someone for the sole purpose (unknown to them) of a perjury trap. There was no crime to investigate in the first place the only crime was being Republican and a Trump appointee.

To be fair, there was a very flimsy pretext of the Logan Act, which is widely regarded as unconstitutional (side note: I think inoperative legislation should be repealed).

late wrote:Of course, that's in the real world.

That's the real world before the FBI had to cough up some documents incriminating their behavior.

late wrote:So do I pay attention to them, or kooky Cultists?

You pay attention to the FBI's own written records.

jimjam wrote:Am I above the law also or are only trump team members above the law? Is it OK for us all now to ignore laws?

What laws?

late wrote:It means you don't know enough to discuss complex legal issues coherently.

You posited whether one should subscribe to the views of Laurence Tribe or the "Cultists" as you've called them. So in other words, you are saying you don't have a point of view. You merely subscribe to the views of others.

ingliz wrote:'Acting as an agent for a foreign power' as defined under the provisions of the Foreign Agents Registration Act of 1938 as amended is one of the reasons I suspect given the intelligence interest.

He wasn't so charged. The Logan Act was Sally Yates's theory.

late wrote:He has already demolished Finny's argument.

Sullivan did not have the recently revealed FBI documents--they were withholding them.

late wrote:Broken...

“What Barr has done on Trump’s behalf with respect to Flynn, who entered a fully justified guilty plea that the district court duly approved, is blatantly and purely partisan,” constitutional scholar Laurence Tribe tells me. “I know of no similarly corrupt action in the Justice Department’s entire history. This latest outrage, which closes the circle that began with Trump’s attempt to get [then-FBI Director] James Comey to go easy on Flynn and with Trump’s firing of Comey for his failure to do so, just goes to show that a president with a sufficiently unprincipled and compliant Attorney General needn’t even bother to abuse his pardon power to bail out his loyal henchmen.”
Prof Tribe

Then Tribe is saying that the FBI can decide if they want to preclude someone from taking an office that they can set up a perjury trap to either get the person fired, or alternatively to prosecute them. That's what the FBI's motive was, and it's an improper motive for a criminal investigation. It's in fact profoundly unethical. The entire investigation was purely partisan. If Tribe cannot deduce that from the facts, he's not exactly the shining light of reason you build him up to be.
blackjack21 wrote:
You posited whether one should subscribe to the views of Laurence Tribe or the "Cultists" as you've called them. So in other words, you are saying you don't have a point of view. You merely subscribe to the views of others.

Sullivan is the presiding judge, is intimately familiar with the details of the case, and rejected your arguments without reservation.

Prof. Tribe is amazing. He literally wrote the most famous textbook for Constitutional Law classes. So if you want the big picture, he's one of the best.

I'm not in their league. Neither are you.

This happens in issue after issue. In climate science, or law, or.... you parrot propaganda and pretend that you know what you are doing when it is abundantly clear you do not.
ingliz wrote:'Acting as an agent for a foreign power' as defined under the provisions of the Foreign Agents Registration Act of 1938 as amended is one of the reasons I suspect given the intelligence interest.

:)

LOL that is is a complete joke and you know it. BTW the FBI's personal hand written notes, which you can read, don't talk about this. The notes specifically outline a set up. The FBI actually concluded Flynn did not violate any act. Yet they went ahead with the set up anyway. This all started when Obama directed National Security adviser Susan rice to unmask his political rivals.

@blackjack21 the FBI determined Flynn did not break the Logan Act that was a cover for the set up of Flynn
Last edited by Finfinder on 09 May 2020 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
Finfinder wrote:
LOL that is is a complete joke

Not what the judge said...

Hey, if you're going to write fiction, you should add in some pretty girls in skimpy outfits. It made Ian Fleming a lot of money!
late wrote:Not what the judge said...

Hey, if you're going to write fiction, you should add in some pretty girls in skimpy outfits. It made Ian Fleming a lot of money!

Tell that to the FBI who determined Flynn did nothing wrong but went ahead with the set up anyway. Ask Peter Strock. Better yet ask Obama he was directing this.
Finfinder wrote:
Tell that to the FBI who determined Flynn did nothing wrong but went ahead with the set up anyway. Ask Peter Strock. Better yet ask Obama he was directing this.

Look, no one gives a F that all you can do is write bad fiction. But add in a blonde in a bikini, and you'll have something!
Finfinder wrote:
LOL Yet Comey in his speech said Hillary Clinton broke the law and yet you eagerly voted for her and would again if you get the chance.

Ahh, so all you're doing is trolling.

Hillary would have been a bad president. But that means she would have been a thousand times better than the sociopath we have now.

Old propaganda doesn't get better with age, y'know.

It just stinks different..

I accept your implicit acknowledgement of defeat.
late wrote:Ahh, so all you're doing is trolling.

Hillary would have been a bad president. But that means she would have been a thousand times better than the sociopath we have now.

Old propaganda doesn't get better with age, y'know.

It just stinks different..

I accept your implicit acknowledgement of defeat.

Not at all I'm offering facts and proving that you have no counter argument, which you seem compelled to display over and over again.
Personally, I know when I do illegal things I'm always careful to document what I'm doing with handwritten notes and then, just to be sure, I put my signature onto the note.

This is seriously like, Facebook livestreaming your crime for white people.
Wulfschilde wrote:Personally, I know when I do illegal things I'm always careful to document what I'm doing with handwritten notes and then, just to be sure, I put my signature onto the note.

This is seriously like, Facebook livestreaming your crime for white people.

Take it up with the FBI that is their policy.
late wrote:Sullivan is the presiding judge, is intimately familiar with the details of the case, and rejected your arguments without reservation.

That's interesting, because I never made any arguments before Sullivan.

late wrote: In climate science, or law, or.... you parrot propaganda and pretend that you know what you are doing when it is abundantly clear you do not.

Actually, in climate science I'm notorious for citing the TAR, FAR, etc. In this case, I'd simply cite the FBI's documents, noting that they had a handwritten objective of getting Flynn fired. It's an improper basis for an interview.

Handwritten FBI Notes On Michael Flynn: 'Get Him Fired'

Finfinder wrote:@blackjack21 the FBI determined Flynn did not break the Logan Act that was a cover for the set up of Flynn

Yes, and you really can't violate the Logan Act as it is basically considered unconstitutional.
Finfinder wrote:Take it up with the FBI that is their policy.

They sound like good policies. Still, even the best policies have limited effect if the people behind them are dicks. But apparently there was just barely enough actual virtue here that the system worked and they got found out.

Forced conversion is not cultural assimilation in[…]

One doesn't need to assume anything, everyone unde[…]

I gave you a perfectly good definition actually, […]

Repetition, meditation, and labor

Automation and, to some extent, AI, supposedly lib[…]