Social media mob threatened teens over incident near Lincoln Memorial - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Maz I want you to know I scrolled past your post slowly enough to see the Tim Pool video, at which point I sped up because in the past you have tried to describe him as an "honest lefty" to support your points. Here is his current YouTube video selection:

I find the Democrats Fractured by Far Left to be one of the funnier talking points far right YouTube weirdos were putting out recently, especially since Trump caved on the wall today.

I want to thank you sincerely for sharing every link you've saved from Breitbart's "Black Crime" section (a topic on which you have professed yourself to be an educator) and the random /pol/ garbage you could cobble together from 4chan. You are absolutely coming off completely normal and in no way overly eager to share your knowledge of black crime. A subject which is extremely relevant to this discussion.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Maz I want you to know I scrolled past your post slowly enough to see the Tim Pool video, at which point I sped up because in the past you have tried to describe him as an "honest lefty" to support your points. Here is his current YouTube video selection:

I find the Democrats Fractured by Far Left to be one of the funnier talking points far right YouTube weirdos were putting out recently, especially since Trump caved on the wall today.

I want to thank you sincerely for sharing every link you've saved from Breitbart's "Black Crime" section (a topic on which you have professed yourself to be an educator) and the random /pol/ garbage you could cobble together from 4chan. You are absolutely coming off completely normal and in no way overly eager to share your knowledge of black crime. A subject which is extremely relevant to this discussion.

SpecialOlympian wrote:Maz I want you to know I scrolled past your post slowly enough to see the Tim Pool video, at which point I sped up because in the past you have tried to describe him as an "honest lefty" to support your points. Here is his current YouTube video selection:

Well, ok you don't like Tim Pool. So what? A lot of people don't like Tim Pool.

And for the record, I don't think Tim Pool is an honest lefty although he is honest about more stuff that he isn't honest about.

Tim Pool is running a business, just like everyone else his main motivator is money and balanced journalism a close second. He's even openly admitted this.

Pool is a forward thinker and he has been smart enough to see that the far left/anti-conservative legacy media is about to fall and he is positioning himself to be a future thought leader and someone who can say "I told you so."

He has found a profitable niche in sometimes covering conservative issues from a liberal/centrist point of view while he is waiting for the fall. Kudos to him. He is a very bright young man.

But you haven't addressed one thing he said because I doubt you even watched the video.

Ironically, you were the one who started the thread about Alex Jones being banned from social media for targeted harassment, and now the same tech companies who banned him are allowing targeted harassment campaigns on these platforms. And you seem to support these boys having been harassed.

Anyways, your position is wrong, and it was wrong from the start. You knew it even at the beginning of the controversy but chose to double down because of your deranged ideology.

Everyone who is smart has either backed off and issued their mea culpas. Scott Adams was among the very first one I noticed. He even deleted his video where he called those boys racist and hailed the hobo crisis actor as some kind of hero.

I wish that he had not deleted his video because I never saw it, and also because it could be instructive on how people can be taken in so easily by clickbait-driven fake news.

And, finally, Bishop Issues Apology to Covington Catholic Families

Diocese of Covington Bishop Roger Foys issued the following letter on Friday:

My dear Covington Catholic Parents,

Since Saturday, 19 January 2019 the events at the Lincoln Memorial following the annual March for Life have gained international attention. Within hours we were being pressured from all sides to make a statement regarding a video clip which purportedly showed students from Covington Catholic High School being disrespectful to Native American Elder Nathan Phillips. Based on what the video clip showed we condemned the actions of students who engaged in the alleged disrespect and promised to investigate the matter.

Since that time other video clips - some of much longer duration – have surfaced. Once these went viral some of the very same people who had put tremendous pressure on us to condemn the actions of the students now wanted a retraction from anyone who had previously issued a statement critical of them. All of this was based again on a video.

Subsequently, there have been death threats to some of the students and their families. The vitriol and hateful comments on some online stories, some of them appearing on websites that purport to be Catholic and pro-life, have been beyond belief and anything but pro-life. We even had a bomb scare at the Curia offices and had to close the Curia and Covington Latin School (across from the Curia) in light of safety issues. People who are not at all familiar with Covington Catholic High School, its students, faculty, staff, administration and/or the Diocese of Covington have felt free to criticize in the harshest terms.

Having issued a second statement that said that we have engaged a third-party investigative team to do a thorough and in depth investigation into the events that transpired on Friday, 18 January, it was our hope that this would ameliorate some of the hate being spewed on the internet and other news media. Unfortunately, this did not happen and people are still lined up on either side.

We are sorry that this situation has caused such disruption in the lives of so many. We apologize to anyone who has been offended in any way by either of our statements which were made with good will based on the information we had. We should not have allowed ourselves to be bullied and pressured into making a statement prematurely, and we take full responsibility for it. I especially apologize to Nicholas Sandmann and his family as well as to all CovCath families who have felt abandoned during this ordeal. Nicholas unfortunately has become the face of these allegations based on video clips. This is not fair. It is not just.

We now await the results of the investigation and it is my hope and expectation that the results will exonerate our students so that they can move forward with their lives. In any event, we will make the final report public once it has been received. In the meantime, we call on all those who continue to spew venom and hate to desist and instead pray for a peaceful resolution to this tragic spectacle.

Mr. Robert Rowe, the Principal of Covington Catholic High School, has also been the target of this venom. He is a fine leader and role model for every student at CovCath and I support him unequivocally. Those calling for his resignation simply do not know him.

This has been a trying time for all of us. I pray that with the grace of God and the goodwill of all involved peace will once again reign in the hearts and minds of our faithful. As for CovCath, we have a spirit that will not die!

Yours devotedly in the Lord,

Most Reverend Roger J. Foys, D.D.

The really sad thing is that if there had not been such a push back from dissidents and threats of legal actions, the school would likely have penalized these boys and ruined their lives since they had thrown them all under the bus on day 1.
Last edited by maz on 26 Jan 2019 20:53, edited 3 times in total.
Even now the Bishop is saying “we know you are innocent but we are going to investigate anyway”. Still trying to please the politically correct even after they have been proven wrong.
maz wrote:Everyone who is smart has either backed off and issued their mea culpas.

Scott Adams

Lmao yes, please continue posting your far-right weirdo talking heads. Scott Adams is an incredible moron whose only point for the last few years is that Trump is a master persuader, the greatest of his generation. An argument that is easily disproven by the popular vote, Trump's approval ratings, and his inability to negotiate the wall. Good job citing such a colossal dumbass as a reasonable centrist figure.

Anyways, your position is wrong, and it was wrong from the start. You knew it even at the beginning of the controversy but chose to double down because of your deranged ideology.

Your entire argument was "Watch the video" and when watching the videos only showed racist MAGA chuds being racist MAGA chuds you chose to retreat into walls of irrelevant text, 4chan memes, far right grifters, and educating people on black crime. Pathetic.

@saeko is everything OK at home? You seem to be desperately trying to get my attention in this thread, what with the multiple triple-posts.
I love that the parents of Hicksburg dropped a gang of horny adolescent boys off and told them to protest abortion.

Imagine if a gang of 17-year-old Taliban Junior College students were sent to the Mall to protest the fact that girls are allowed to go to school. They then confront a group of Aghan girls who are protesting the death of their family members by invading Taliban (funded by great, white smile Jimmy Carter).

If you're an American Democrat, which side do you empathize with? What about if you're a Republican?

What about if you're human? :eh:
Suntzu wrote:...and a fake Marine with a criminal record ...

He only has a criminal record because he isn't white.

The crime he committed has been committed by many white people, and many US presidents. But they were all white.

I'm sure even Obama spent his life being very careful to signal all his turns in his car... so he could avoid a felony and doing slave labor in a private for-profit prison.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Your entire argument was "Watch the video" and when watching the videos only showed racist MAGA chuds being racist MAGA chuds you chose to retreat into walls of irrelevant text, 4chan memes, far right grifters, and educating people on black crime. Pathetic.

You saw a group of white kids doing something pretty normal, which is standing around and goofing off with their friends, and you call it racist.

So basically any group of white males gathering in public is automatically racist. is that what you are saying?

Actually, if you really thought that was racist, you would have not needed to post 7 year old unrelated photos to back up your argument.

If a group of blacks danced and cheered around an old Indian man it would not be considered racist. It would never have been reported on at all because of mainstream media's agreed upon (collusion) style guides when reporting on African Americans.

Also, if a old Scottish man in invaded a black kid's personal space and played a bagpipe two inches away from his face, that would definitely be considered antagonistic and the media would have certainly called that racist.
Last edited by maz on 27 Jan 2019 02:44, edited 1 time in total.
maz wrote:You saw a group of white kids doing something pretty normal, which is standing around and goofing off with their friends, and you call it racist.

Maz, maybe you should take your own advice and watch the videos. You can see them calling women whores and faggots as well as doing tomahawk chops and fake chants at a Native man. All while wearing the modern Klan hood.

Although judging by your past of defending every nazi possible I can see why you would describe that as normal behavior.
I was able to find a copy of the video Scott Adams deleted where he talked about Covington. It's not as bad as I thought, and he didn't call the boys "racists" but he did call them "assholes."

When I first saw the edited clip of the Convington video, I didn't think it was racist and I didn't think that the kids were assholes. I just remember sarcastically remarking in the comment section of the article that that this was worse than the trail of tears, the holocaust and Charlottesville combined.

At the time, I thought that it was a non issue and not worth discussing.

I do think that it was necessary for him to spend 45 minutes apologizing and explaining himself when he only spent about five or so minutes originally talking about it. A lot of his fans were giving him hell even after the apology video.
QatzelOk wrote:He only has a criminal record because he isn't white.

The crime he committed has been committed by many white people, and many US presidents. But they were all white.

I'm sure even Obama spent his life being very careful to signal all his turns in his car... so he could avoid a felony and doing slave labor in a private for-profit prison.

Yeah, Whitey made him go AWOL and lie about being in Vietnam! :roll:
maz wrote:I was able to find a copy of the video Scott Adams

Thank you for sharing the opinions of noted idiot Scott Adams. Truly, the man with the best take on this situation would be the guy who thinks Trump is the smartest man to ever live and who also writes a comic strip.

One time, Scott Adams thought posting this pic of his ripped bod was a good idea:

Spoiler: show
Suntzu wrote:Yeah, Whitey made him go AWOL and lie about being in Vietnam! :roll:

And apparently the face of that white 16 year old student wearing his souvenir MAGA hat made him beat his drum and chant Indian calls within inches of that face. Perhaps the young fellow would have been ignored if he had put on the blackface.
Yeah whatever that is why I deleted it after closely scrutinizing the account just seconds before you rushed in to try to discredit me.

You are quick but you got all that SPLC and ADL information being fed to you and plenty of time to dedicate to threads like these. Met your kind all over the internet.

You are like that one communist who doesn't post here anymore and like Todd who used be active on 9/11 threads.

Back to what I said at the beginning about White […]

Really, wat0n? Anthony Cabassa? The self-described[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Netanyahu is a product of Hamas. When you give G[…]

In the above post, you can read an explanation as […]