Feinstein Refers Kavanaugh to FBI for Alleged Sexual Assault 30 years ago - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Did you see this though?

That is hilarious. The whole thing is a parody of the Clarence Thomas hearings. You'd think these people would get some creativity.

quetzlcoatl wrote:It's also true that Kavanaugh, if he did the things exactly as described by his accuser, is a rapist and moral pygmy (and coward).

Kavanaugh would have had to rape her in order to be a rapist. He's not even accused of that. I'm sure pygmies do not appreciate you using their stature as a moral measure.

quetzlcoatl wrote:This is fundamentally different from the Thomas hearings, as we are talking about sexual assault, not harassment.

We could be talking about mass murder followed by cannibalism. The idea that this comes to the fore--when it's known for 6 weeks by the Senator in question--just before a vote demonstrates the fact that the charges are baseless and without any merit whatsoever. It also underscores another great thing: the retirements of Flake and Corker, who can finally come out of the closet as a couple of eunuchs.

quetzlcoatl wrote:None of the Kavanaugh defenders posting above would have hesitated to dump on a democrat appointee, if the tables were turned. Does this make them any different from Feinstein?

I laughed at the charges against Senator Franken, but thought they treated him unfairly and I said so. I think #metoo was part of the "change of tone" that was supposed to transpire with Hillary Clinton as president. I'm so glad that Donald Trump "shlonged" her. The defeat of Hillary Clinton by Donald Trump is perhaps the greatest event of the 21st Century.

Crantag wrote:Kavanaugh is a complete piece of shit, who should not be confirmed, though he probably will be.

It should be all but certain now. Adding martyrdom to his list of accomplishments wasn't expected, but the establishment's implosion is their own doing. They can't blame that on Trump, Kavanaugh, etc.

JohnRawls wrote:His not Hitler nor did he take part in the holocaust for it to be remembered that long and prosecuted.

He was ostensibly 17 and she 15. It's not prosecutable as either a criminal or civil case. It's utterly moot. Given that we have a Jew taking the lead at a character assassination, the reference to Hitler seems to inure to Hitler's benefit since this type of activity is precisely the type of thing he lamented in Mein Kampf.

SpecialOlympian wrote:I support Kavanaugh's attempted rape and hope he will continue to rape the rights of women everywhere as a SCOTUS appointee. As a GOP appointed SCOTUS nominee the attempted rape only confirms that he has the qualifications conservatives look for in a judge.

Well, I would be particularly impressed if he were accused of lynching hallucinating black men. :roll:

jimjam wrote:His accuser took and passed a lie detector test.

Even though she wanted to remain anonymous... :roll: Lots of people who want to remain anonymous take lie detector tests--which are not admissible in a court of law, because they are notoriously unreliable--make accusations about things that ostensibly occurred 35 years while a minor ago against Supreme Court nominees.

jimjam wrote:To say they've put politics above country and duty is a vast understatement. They care not a whit about America or democracy, they care only about themselves and the oligarchs - both American and Russian - whom they serve.

What country and what duty are you talking about? In America, the accused is presumed innocent. He has a right to confront his accuser. He also has privileges and immunities, like being immune from prosecution for acts that occurred before a statute of limitations or for acts that occurred before one was an adult. So surely, you must be talking about another country. Maybe Russia?
Lie detector tests don't work.

Take the claim that Mohammed was the prophet of the creator of the universe. This is filthy racist lie. However most Muslims will repeat this lie under polygraph, without the test spotting that its a lie. Calling them lie detector tests is itself a lie. They are lying detector tests, not lie dector tests. In addition however the criminal fraudsters that often sell these tests lie about accuracy of their tests even at detecting lying.
@Drlee I don't get your point at all. Playing into the Republicans' hands would just be confirming Kavanaugh and letting him and the Republicans gut unions, medicare and medicaid, public education, housing, etc. Literally every day this arch-catholic conservative scumbag is kept from the highest court in the land is good for 90% of the country. I honestly expected Chuck Schumer to trade confirmation for a thumb's up from Trump or something else meaningless because he's a total pussy.
Rich wrote:Lie detector tests don't work.

Take the claim that Mohammed was the prophet of the creator of the universe. This is filthy racist lie. However most Muslims will repeat this lie under polygraph, without the test spotting that its a lie. Calling them lie detector tests is itself a lie. They are lying detector tests, not lie dector tests. In addition however the criminal fraudsters that often sell these tests lie about accuracy of their tests even at detecting lying.

The GOP would have absolutely demanded one anyway, knowing full well they don't work. Might as well cut Senate Republicans off at the pass with that one.

Lie detectors are bullshit. Law enforcement and governments shouldn't employ them. However, I'm genuinely bemused by your anger that they falsely represent themselves as detectors of objective truth and your tireless efforts to cram Muslim pegs into square holes no matter the subject.
@Drlee I don't get your point at all. Playing into the Republicans' hands would just be confirming Kavanaugh and letting him and the Republicans gut unions, medicare and medicaid, public education, housing, etc. Literally every day this arch-catholic conservative scumbag is kept from the highest court in the land is good for 90% of the country. I honestly expected Chuck Schumer to trade confirmation for a thumb's up from Trump or something else meaningless because he's a total pussy.

I don't disagree. I think he is a terrible choice that his appointment will be a disaster.

My point is that opposing Kavanaugh on such flimsy evidence and such a hot-button issue energizes the republican base. It turns out votes.

Make no mistake. I believe Kavanaugh will be confirmed. The republican party is absolutely incapable of taking a principled position. In capable. The Senators will cave. McConnell will push the vote and we will be on our way to real fascism.

Kavanaugh is NOT a conservative. He appears to be a simple party hack. He is there because at one time in his checkered past he opined that the president could not be indited. No other reason. The republicans in government now are scared out of their panties. Literally terrified. Confirming Kavanaugh is, for them a real survival strategy.
Red_Army wrote:@Drlee I don't get your point at all. Playing into the Republicans' hands would just be confirming Kavanaugh and letting him and the Republicans gut unions, medicare and medicaid, public education, housing, etc.

Private sector unions were gutted decades ago. It's public sector unions that are getting gutted now, and deservedly so. Trump isn't doing much on that end. Trump is a fan of Social Security and Medicare. So he's not going to gut them. Public education is a local issue. Other than school prayer and desegregation, SCOTUS doesn't have much to say with respect to schools.

Drlee wrote:So what if they succeed in getting this guy dumped? What then? Trump just finds another one. Nothing changes.

Right, and he will probably select someone even more conservative, and he'll likely win.

Drlee wrote:If one in a thousand women wrote to their Senators, this guy would go down in flames overnight. But they can't be bothered. Do women care about this stuff? Obviously not.

The Democrats hope is that Kavanaugh will handle this badly the way Roy Moore did. It's not going to work. Kavanaugh is spit shined and polished. The charges don't specify a day, time, or location. The accuser does not want to testify under oath, because then it becomes a prosecutable offense if she doesn't tell the truth. Even the FBI is balking. What are they supposed to do? It's not a federal crime. It's passed the statute of limitations. There are no particulars from the accuser. And they were both minors at the time.

jimjam wrote:His accuser took and passed a lie detector test.

Meaningless. She didn't do it under oath. That's when it becomes real as a matter of law. Lie detector tests are inadmissible. Sworn statements are admissible. She seems to be avoiding swearing out a statement.

jimjam wrote:It seems like having a Supreme Court justice who likes to gamble and racks up huge debts that he explains implausibly and which disappear mysteriously may not be the best idea, as far as preventing potential corruption or conflicts of interest, right?

A government that encourages people to buy government lottery tickets is not exactly in a position to chastise somebody for gambling. By the way, that's not a crime either.

jimjam wrote:Poor Mitch McConnell. He held up Obama's Supreme Court choice for a year because he didn't want to rush things.

He denied Obama another SCOTUS appointment on his way out the door. He was open and transparent about that.

Red_Army wrote:For profit prisons are unconstitutional!

Why? Isn't it sufficient to argue that they are not a good idea or not cost effective or something?
I reflect the sentiments of others in this thread: Kavanaugh is a dipshit and is a pretty shitty human being based on just his recent behavior, but Feinstein is also a piece of shit. I'm not entirely certain about the truthfulness of this incident, and the fact that she was sitting on this to begin with makes her a pretty big scumbag. As far as I know, the statute of limitations are past and the accuser herself seems uncooperative, so I'm not sure what Feinstein was thinking besides hoping this drama was going somewhere (or maybe she was betting on a public circus over the accusation).

Both Feinstein and Kavanaugh are awful people. I say lock them in a room with broken-off wooden poles and have them fight to the death for who gets to leave.
The Democrats hope is that Kavanaugh will handle this badly the way Roy Moore did. It's not going to work. Kavanaugh is spit shined and polished. The charges don't specify a day, time, or location. The accuser does not want to testify under oath, because then it becomes a prosecutable offense if she doesn't tell the truth. Even the FBI is balking. What are they supposed to do? It's not a federal crime. It's passed the statute of limitations. There are no particulars from the accuser. And they were both minors at the time.

That's right. I have little doubt that something happened. That is not the point.

I support the me-too movement. Women close to me have been victimized and I abhor that. Clearly something should be done. But this is a weapon that should be used very carefully. There is a real danger to women that this just becomes old-hat. If he did it, shame on him.

The bigger problem, as I see it, is that "women" don't need this to oppose Kavanaugh. He is about as bad a candidate for women as one could imagine. If a tiny fraction of women would actually get off their asses and write their senator that they are opposed to this guy and he would be over. Would they like the alternative? Not hardly. On thing is clear and it is this:

Note to women:

This guy is your fault. You voted for Trump is big numbers. Without the excessive share of white female votes Trump would be hosting the apprentice again. And continuing to grab pussies. Stop trying to blame your problems on what happened 40 years ago. Get off of your asses and get to work. Grow a pair of ovaries, stop watching Dr. Phil and write to your Senator. Tell him/her that you will not vote for him again if he confirms a candidate like Kavanaugh. If you are not willing to do this then screw you. I really don't have a dog in the fight. I am too old to worry about abortion and a social libertarian. He does not scare me. If Texas wants to shove an ultrasound up your vagina so it can show you the fetus you want to abort, I really don't have to care, do I? Don't expect men to save you on this stuff. We have our own issues. This guy will let us keep our guns and these days they make us feel more potent than most of you do.

So have your side-show. Kavanaugh is in just like Thomas was in right from the start. And if you succeed in torpedoing him (as Blackjack indicates) God help you with his replacement.
Maz, out of curiosity, what standard of evidence did you require to believe in 1) Pizzagate and 2) Heather Heyer died of a heart attack seconds before being hit by a car?

The lady released the statement last night and journalists will investigate the veracity of it. I look forward to more of Kavanaugh's former classmates coming forward. Grassley's office had a letter signed by 65 women who attended the sister school of Kavanaugh's all boy's prep academy which they released hours after his rape came to light. It's almost as if they prepared it in anticipation of some unforeseeable event.
Drlee, you do realize that in this post #MeToo world that the majority of men who have been determined to have wronged women have primarily been men from the left side of the aisle, right?

Two questions. First is, "Where did you get these figures?"

Second: What possible meaning could that have for me, if true?
Since the first day past the election I've watched American women from coast to coast March participate in protest marches. It's time to go protest again. May I suggest the following for a protest sign:

CONFIRMATION OF KAVANAUGH WILL RESULT IN WORK - TO - RULE STRIKES

Hit 'em where it hurts

Edit

By the way, your senators might have a toll free telephone number. Use it.
Since the first day past the election I've watched American women from coast to coast March participate in protest marches. It's time to go protest again. May I suggest the following for a protest sign:

CONFIRMATION OF KAVANAUGH WILL RESULT IN WORK - TO - RULE STRIKES

Hit 'em where it hurts

Edit

By the way, your senators might have a toll free telephone number. Use it.

:up:

And all God's clill'en said, "AMEN".
The problem here is that we are focusing on Kavanaugh. He is not the problem. The problem is that the republican party is supporting this guy. He is only here because he offers Trump amnesty. That's all. Otherwise he is a nobody.

The republican party is considering sending an accused rapist to the supreme court. And they are doing it fast. Why? Because mid terms. The very idea that they would do this without properly investigating it is not even the question. They guy should be out already. He has a lifelong job as a federal judge already. He is not being hurt. The question is why the republicans would so disrespect women that they would even consider this guy.

I think the republicans realize that women are not a meaningful political force in America these days. For some reason, that no man will ever understand, they fail repeatedly to support women candidates or women's issues. I am at a loss.

I do not like wimpy women. I was not raised by one and I avoid their company. I did not date them and I did not marry one. But the fact is that the term "the weaker sex" is being validated every day, day after day. Perhaps there will come a time when women stand up for themselves rather than asking we men to take care of them. Probably not in my lifetime.

NOTE TO STORMSMITH AND MISTY: I do not mean this to be a personal slam. You two obviously care and are writing about your positions on a public forum. I am speaking to MRS. Mikltoast in suburban Topeka. They are the problem.
BRICS will fail

BRICS involves one of several configurations emplo[…]

So you do justify October 7, but as I said lack th[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]