Is Trump Unpatriotic? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hindsite
Rancid wrote:You know he's done absolutely nothing significant so far, right? Aside from inflaming large swaths of America, he's passed no significant legislation. Thus far, he has built no legacy, other than being a troll.

Passing significant legislation is the job of the Congress. The President simply vetos or signs them into law. He has made the USA a little safer, which is the main job of the President. Praise the Lord.
Hindsite wrote:Passing significant legislation is the job of the Congress. The President simply vetos or signs them into law. He has made the USA a little safer, which is the main job of the President. Praise the Lord.

The president is a big part of popularizing bills, and getting support from congress, and getting congress to agree with each other. He sucks at uniting even his own party.

This is why with a Republican House, Republican Senate, and a so called republican in the white house, they still can't get anything done. Because Trump is a moron.

Your president is shit.
Hindsite wrote:To a person of normal intelligence, it should be self explanatory. Smart wars are the ones we win.

So, the invasion of Cuba in 1961 by America was a dumb war because we got our ass kicked but would have been a smart war had we won. That seems kinda self serving logic doesn't it H.S.?

Then, of course, America's invasion of Mexico in 1846 was real smart because America was able to grab much real estate?

Now I understand :?: .
By Oxymoron
jimjam wrote:So, the invasion of Cuba in 1961 by America was a dumb war because we got our ass kicked but would have been a smart war had we won. That seems kinda self serving logic doesn't it H.S.?

Then, of course, America's invasion of Mexico in 1846 was real smart because America was able to grab much real estate?

Now I understand :?: .

Cubans tried to liberate their country from Communist filth in 1961, if the US meant to invade we would have had another damn Spanish island in the Caribbean that we had to carry.
By Rich
jimjam wrote:Perhaps this thinking explains why Donald was a draft dodger during the exceedingly stupid Vietnam war.

The Vietnam war was anything but stupid, just because we failed to save South Vietnam from tyranny the way we did South Korea. Even so delaying the advance of Red terror for all those years was vital, there was nothing pre ordained that said the West would survive the Soviet onslaught, just because most of the Soviet empire collapsed so quickly in the end. Ronnie Reagan may have portrayed a false confidence, he may have felt that invading Grenada put him up there with Alexander, Caesar and Eisenhower, but smart people were scared. We entered the new decade in 1980 with Soviet Armour a mere 300 miles from the Gulf of Hormuz and Iran in revolutionary chaos. The dominoes were still falling, Ethiopia had just gone down.

The great tragedy of Vietnam was the leadership of Kennedy and Johnson. If Nixon had won in 1960, Vietnam would have been a victory. Oliver Stone didn't convince me that there was a CIA plot to kill Kennedy, but it sure made a good case that there should have been.
There are plenty of shitholes being ran by dictators or governments that the West consider unethical. Why is Vietnam more worthy of war than say Zimbabwe? All wars are stupid unless your nation or allied nations are being invaded. Diplomacy seems to have more success to it than conquer and reform.
The problem with Hindsight explanation is when a war starts, the winner isn't determined. Even Korea hasn't finished yet. Oh for the glory days of Grenada
Oxymoron wrote:Cubans tried to liberate their country from Communist filth in 1961, if the US meant to invade we would have had another damn Spanish island in the Caribbean that we had to carry.

The Bay of Pigs invasion was planned and financed by the C.I.A. which, I believe, is a branch of America. The "communist filth" whipped America's ass which is why, to this day, America, like any sore loser, does what she can to fuck up Cuba. A shame because they do make the best cigars.
By Rich
B0ycey wrote:There are plenty of shitholes being ran by dictators or governments that the West consider unethical. All wars are stupid unless your nation or allied nations are being invaded. Diplomacy seems to have more success to it than conquer and reform.

No waiting to be invaded is stupid. If Belgium had had an ounce of honour in 1939 they would have joined the allies in September 1939 and would have spared their country the terrible defeat and ensuing occupation of May 1940. Belgium got due payment for their cowardice. This is why they joined NATO after the war rather than waiting. If the US had honoured its obligations and entered the war in September 1939 they would have saved themselves a lot of trouble. Again the humiliation of Pearl Harbour was a well earned desert for their perfidy.

Why is Vietnam more worthy of war than say Zimbabwe?

Free Vietnam was on the front line against the Soviet empire, Ho chi Ming was part of the international Soviet terror machine. Our pathetic weakness in the fight against the Soviet forced us to seek alliance with Mao's China as our pathetic weakness in the fight against Hitler forced us to seek alliance with Stalin. Mugabe on the other hand was a client of China, again our pathetic weakness meant we needed him as a bulwark against ZAPU the Soviet client.
By Oxymoron
jimjam wrote:The Bay of Pigs invasion was planned and financed by the C.I.A. which, I believe, is a branch of America. The "communist filth" whipped America's ass which is why, to this day, America, like any sore loser, does what she can to fuck up Cuba. A shame because they do make the best cigars.

CIA is not a branch of the US government, and just because we helped Patriotic Cubans try to retake their country back does not mean the US invaded Cuba. Cuba does not have the best cigars, what makes them expensive is the supply is limited in the United States.
Rich wrote:The great tragedy of Vietnam was the leadership of Kennedy and Johnson. If Nixon had won in 1960, Vietnam would have been a victory. Oliver Stone didn't convince me that there was a CIA plot to kill Kennedy, but it sure made a good case that there should have been.

America was fighting in Vietnam with a force made up largely of draftees many, if not most, had no desire to be there. They were fighting on the other side of the world from their homes. The Vietnamese were fighting to protect their homes from foreign invaders. The South Vietnam government was corrupt to the core. It did not represent the Vietnamese people. It represented itself. Today you can book a room with the Hilton Hotel in Hanoi for $86 to $200 @ night. So much for the bullshit domino theory. How would "victory" be gained? When every Vietnamese human was dead? Tell the mothers of the 58,220 dead American soldiers what a great cause the Vietnam war was and I suspect you would not hear much agreement.
Oxymoron wrote:CIA is not a branch of the US government, and just because we helped Patriotic Cubans try to retake their country back does not mean the US invaded Cuba. Cuba does not have the best cigars, what makes them expensive is the supply is limited in the United States.

Are we going to debate what a "branch" is? The CIA rounded up a bunch of Cubans in exile, armed them and invaded Cuba with them in a pathetic attempt to cover their tracks. I have smoked Cuban cigars and find them to be of very high quality and, during my trip to Cuba this Winter, I plan to bring back the maximium permitted by law. I agree that they are way over priced in the US due to sparse supply and bullshit mystique.
By Oxymoron
jimjam wrote:Are we going to debate what a "branch" is? The CIA rounded up a bunch of Cubans in exile, armed them and invaded Cuba with them in a pathetic attempt to cover their tracks. I have smoked Cuban cigars and find them to be of very high quality and, during my trip to Cuba this Winter, I plan to bring back the maximium permitted by law. I agree that they are way over priced in the US due to sparse supply and bullshit mystique.

Ok fine lets not get bogged down with semantics, but how ever you want to define the Cubans who tried to liberate Cuba from the Commie trash they were no Americans. Just by arming someone does not mean you are doing the actual fighting. If the US was trying to invade Cuba, then the Cuban liberation force would have been backed up by the American Air Force at the very least.
Cuban cigars are known to have gone down in quality over the last 10-20 years. However, they are still considered among the highest quality cigars in the world.

Domincan cigars are up there as well, in fact, one of the reason Dominican cigars are good is that many Cubans cigar makers setup shop in the DR after Castro took over Cuba.
By jimjam
Oxymoron wrote:Ok fine lets not get bogged down with semantics, but how ever you want to define the Cubans who tried to liberate Cuba from the Commie trash they were no Americans. Just by arming someone does not mean you are doing the actual fighting. If the US was trying to invade Cuba, then the Cuban liberation force would have been backed up by the American Air Force at the very least.

I think we are off topic. Hopefully we will not get busted for a brief detour.

The Bay of Pigs Invasion (Spanish: Invasión de Playa Girón or Invasión de Bahía de Cochinos or Batalla de Girón) was a failed military invasion of Cuba undertaken by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)-sponsored paramilitary group Brigade 2506 on 17 April 1961. A counter-revolutionary military (made up of Cuban exiles who traveled to the United States after Castro's takeover), trained and funded by the CIA. Over 1,400 paramilitaries, divided into five infantry battalions and one paratrooper battalion, assembled in Guatemala before setting out for Cuba by boat on 13 April 1961. Two days later, on 15 April, eight CIA-supplied B-26 bombers attacked Cuban airfields and then returned to the US.

Technically the U.S. did not launch a full scale invasion of Cuba but, clearly, without US logistics, arms and bombers it never would have happened. If you want to split hairs, the US did not invade Cuba but, for all practical purposed, what transpired was a thinly and poorly disguised invasion of Cuba by the US.
By Oxymoron
jimjam wrote:
Technically the U.S. did not launch a full scale invasion of Cuba but, clearly, without US logistics, arms and bombers it never would have happened. If you want to split hairs, the US did not invade Cuba but, for all practical purposed, what transpired was a thinly and poorly disguised invasion of Cuba by the US.

Or perhaps can be viewed as the US support of patriotic Cubans trying to free their country from the Communist criminals.
Maybe Hindsite thinks that the Civil War was a smart war. I don't know.

The South lost and the North won, so maybe not. I get the feeling that Hindsite is a Southern individual. Would it be smart to rewrite history and say that the South won the Civil War then? :?:
By jimjam
Oxymoron wrote:Or perhaps can be viewed as the US support of patriotic Cubans trying to free their country from the Communist criminals.

I think we can more or less agree. Many Cubans fled Cuba after Castro took their businesses, possessions and homes. They were understandably pissed off ........ big time.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@JohnRawls , I recall you talking about how they […]

@Tainari88 White people, black music ... Elvi[…]

I already answered this, but here it is again: I[…]

Because it is your argument. Given I've already[…]