Trump Refers DACA to Legislature for a Permanent Fix - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
DACA was an executive order, he didn't end it, he punted it to congress to take the fallout for fucking over innocent children who were brought here before they could use the toilet and have known nothing but america and are fundamentally american for him.

And if the republicans do end it they should be fucking ashamed of themselves.
mikema63 wrote:DACA was an executive order, he didn't end it, he punted it to congress to take the fallout for fucking over innocent children who were brought here before they could use the toilet and have known nothing but america and are fundamentally american for him.

And if the republicans do end it they should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

However, Obama's executive order was really illegal and unconstitutional, because it was preventing the enforcement of the law. Trump, as the Law and Order President would be performing an illegal act like Obama did. Trump wants a long term solution through a law that must go through Congress.

Ann Coulter talks about President Donald Trump ENDING DACA

Good decision in my opinion.

The only relevant criterion is whether a policy encourages illegal immigration and DACA certainly does. The left, as usual, refuses or in unable to have a rational thought on this - they hear "children" and stop processing information. The right has the usual defectors which ideally need to be voted out over the next few years.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Good decision in my opinion.

The only relevant criterion is whether a policy encourages illegal immigration and DACA certainly does. The left, as usual, refuses or in unable to have a rational thought on this - they hear "children" and stop processing information. The right has the usual defectors which ideally need to be voted out over the next few years.

Mike Cernovich: Trump's briliant tactic with Congress and DACA

The Dreamers don't fly the American flag, they burn the American flag. Why?
Hindsite wrote:The Dreamers don't fly the American flag, they burn the American flag. Why?

I'm sure there are "dreamers" who are great individuals, hard-working, honest, etc. but it really doesn't matter. Pull factors and incentives to migrate illegally must be eliminated. If there is no possible future reward, potential illegal migrants are far less likely to attempt to come.

If there was a way to ensure that policies like DACA or amnesties were a one-off, only applied to the people already in the country and never to be repeated, I'd be more inclined to be lenient. However, there is no guarantee and we have actually already tried it with amnesties. As they say, stupidity is making the same mistakes and expecting different result.
^ Stuff like this only reinforces that you guys cannot be argued with on a rational basis.

"Dreamers" aren't children. They were children when they came to the US illegally. DACA applies to individuals between 15 and 30 years, so the average "dreamer" is a young adult.
Pants-of-dog wrote:It is a reverse brain drain. The US educates them and invests in them until they are ready for a decent job, then sends them to another country.

So many arguments to keep the DACA babies in the USA:

Emotions (but they are children!)
Economical reasons (The US will collapse if we send them away)
Brain drain (if it is so, then just consider it a form of development aid)

i tend to think that all the whiners who want DACA to continue have other motives. I speculate that they hope that those hundreds of thousands young adults will find a way to obtain citizenship and swell the ranks of the Clitoristas and other "Democrats" to vote for a Democrat President.
Ter wrote:So many arguments to keep the DACA babies in the USA:

Emotions (but they are children!)
Economical reasons (The US will collapse if we send them away)
Brain drain (if it is so, then just consider it a form of development aid)

Yes, there certainly are arguments for keeping DACA.

You seem to oppose it. No doubt you will provide arguments for getting rid of it.

Let's see:

i tend to think that all the whiners who want DACA to continue have other motives. I speculate that they hope that those hundreds of thousands young adults will find a way to obtain citizenship and swell the ranks of the Clitoristas and other "Democrats" to vote for a Democrat President.

Guess I was wrong. No arguments there.

But thanks for sharing your feelings and opinions.
The only argument needed is a country belongs to the legal residents. Illegals, for what ever reason, should have no rights in that country.
All your arguments for minorities are based upon their legal rights, but when the minority is illegal you then say the laws should not matter. Make up your mind.
One Degree wrote:The only argument needed is a country belongs to the legal residents. Illegals, for what ever reason, should have no rights in that country.

Illegal immigrants do have some rights. If they did not, the cops could shoot them in the middle of the street in broad daylight.

All your arguments for minorities are based upon their legal rights, but when the minority is illegal you then say the laws should not matter. Make up your mind.

No one knows who you are talking to here.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Illegal immigrants do have some rights. If they did not, the cops could shoot them in the middle of the street in broad daylight.

No one knows who you are talking to here.

No, they would deport them.
I am talking to you, and any others who hold the same view. You have repeatedly argued minority rights based upon law. When it comes to illegal immigrants, you argue we should ignore the law and go with emotions. This conveniently allows you to support minorities in any situation. This is just emotional bias that has no basis in reason.
One Degree wrote:No, they would deport them.

Sure, but they still have rights.

I am talking to you, and any others who hold the same view. You have repeatedly argued minority rights based upon law. When it comes to illegal immigrants, you argue we should ignore the law and go with emotions. This conveniently allows you to support minorities in any situation. This is just emotional bias that has no basis in reason.

Since you are talking to me, go and find a quote where I use emotions as an argument about illegal immigration.
mikema63 wrote:Because your emotional bias for throwing out people who came her unknowingly and have grown up and know nothing but America is super rational.

Ignorance of the law is not an acceptable defense in the US. I can feel sorry for the Dreamers, but still understand why you can not tolerate illegal immigration. Their parents bear the responsibility for the unfairness of their situation, not US citizens. I did not cause their situation. Their parents did. This is a burden we all carry.
One Degree wrote:Ignorance of the law is not an acceptable defense in the US.

No one is claiming that.

I can feel sorry for the Dreamers, but still understand why you can not tolerate illegal immigration. Their parents bear the responsibility for the unfairness of their situation, not US citizens. I did not cause their situation. Their parents did. This is a burden we all carry.

Nor is anyone arguing that the parents did not cause this.

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

so American traitor Russell Bentley kidnapped and[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the Whit[…]

I recently heard a video where Penn Jillette (w[…]