Democrisis in Mexico - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Gral. Stamelin
My friends:

As a Mexican, I am begining to worry about this crisis.
In a democratic system, as all you know, participation is needed to make the nation work out.
In the elections of July 6th, the abstentionism, was a terrible phantom that swept over the nation.
For example in our great capital city, Mexico City, the abstentionism presented as the 56% of the votants.
What do you think? What would you do in your country about that?
By KingofKhaos
This "democrisis" is mostly due to the lack of a political platform from all the major political parties.

For example, the PRI has no actual political platform, being used to be the electoral branch of the previous regime. The Democratic Revolutionary Party (PRD) is a mesh of old communists, agitators and political opportunists -the major PRD players are all former Priístas. And the National Action Party (PAN) is a very conservative, very catholic oligarchy that does not understand that Mexican society has changed radically since the 50's -they actually think that people WILL submit to their will.

The reason behind this debacle is mostly the lack of ideas from all the major parties, especially Fox's PAN. The lack of reform and that much presidential touted "change" was a very costly defeat for President Fox.

Don't be fooled by thinking that this is a return to times past. The real message here is that people are not buying their political marketing ploys. Those parties better shape up, 'cos in '06 things will be up in the air.

So you study them by deducing them. Okay. So […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If someone wants to show how the Roman campaigns h[…]

If I were to approach this debate with the same ar[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 8, Wednesday Prime Minister toppled by House[…]