@ All U.S. citizens! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By TUC
I didnt know where to put this so it goes here.

My girlfreind applied for a US passport today. they said that with all the extra fees paid she SCHOULD have it by June 1st.

Anybody know how reliable that statement is? WILL SHE GET THE PASSPORT?!

Please comment
By briansmith
What's the likelihood, honestly, that she'll fall under one of the "restricted nationalities," without a better term to use?

Chances are if she's white, there won't be a lot of trouble, and that's the sad truth about it. Um, all I can say is this: don't trust anything the U.S. government says, especially when it's regarding dates or deadlines. They expect you to meet them all, and they expect you not to care when they don't meet any.

I think there's about a 50-50 shot that she could get it in time. It's probably pretty unlucky it'd be considerably later, though. I don't know for sure, however.
By grinner
depends on how many "extra" fees were paid.
:roll:
By TUC
TSaler wrote:What's the likelihood, honestly, that she'll fall under one of the "restricted nationalities," without a better term to use?

Chances are if she's white, there won't be a lot of trouble, and that's the sad truth about it. Um, all I can say is this: don't trust anything the U.S. government says, especially when it's regarding dates or deadlines. They expect you to meet them all, and they expect you not to care when they don't meet any.

I think there's about a 50-50 shot that she could get it in time. It's probably pretty unlucky it'd be considerably later, though. I don't know for sure, however.

Well you seemed to have missed a crutial point......my girlfreind is a US citizen just has never had a passport.....and now she applied for one (as she is entitled to the thing)
By briansmith
Oh! Okay, well, that changes everything. Nah, she should get her passport on time, I think. Sorry about the confusion, in that case.
By TUC
Well ok thanks alot guys :-D

Background in English of Claudia Sheinbaum: @Pot[…]

The fact that you're a genocide denier is pretty […]

@Rancid When the Republicans say the justice […]

:lol: ‘Caracalla’ and ‘Punic’, @FiveofSwords .[…]