Ancient principles - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Malachi_Tompkins
This country, The United States of America, was founded upon ancient principles from the isrealites and the anglo-saxans. Both of these people held common virtues such as intelligence, discipline(self) and organization as a mass of people. It's no wonder why you cannot even walk down most streets without seeing ignorant uneducated people. its a fact: Everyday our country is becoming more uneducated. Education is the key to having succesful government. Thats where I stand... How about you?
By Boondock Saint
Education is the key to having succesful government

I think it depends on what you consider a succesful government.

Personally I think education is the key to being educated and nothing more and even that is debatable.

I think a government can be very successful without huge masses of educated individuals, so long as the populace is fed and clothed and has shelter and is relatively secure ... they really don't mind being that ignorant.

Besides, an ignorant populace means the gov't can get a way with more without having to worry about the educated masses raising an eyebrow.
By S. P. Laroche
Education does not necessarily equal knowledge. Only with knowledge can a populace contol it's own destiny. Boondock's right, that education is only the key to being educated. Think about it, you could know the name of an animal in every language on Earth but still know nothing of the animal. Being educated and knowledgable are two very different things.
World War II Day by Day

May 22, Wednesday Bletchley Park breaks Luftwaf[…]

You might be surprised and he might wind up being[…]

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]