Border Patrol - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By RedCommunist
Hell yeah, I say we need to get them some tanks, artillery, and destroyers also. I live in Florida and man they really should use their guns. On our school info form there is a part where is says, and I am not kidding.

U.S. Status:
Legal
Illegal
U.S. National
By briansmith
Let's bring our military home from the Middle East and station them on the borders. That's Homeland Defense, folks.
By void
I agree - it seems anyone can waltz into this nation these days and start taking up expensive public services while paying no taxes.
By Ymir
Border Patrol should use anything it has to keep the immigrants out.
Look:

Nowadays, our two countries, (I'm Mexican, and hell proud of it), live terrible times, when frictions between us are unevitable.
It is important to remember History, and return to that time, when you were the inmigrants of our land, before your nation stole us all the North of our great Republic.
On our side, we do not keep any resentiment to your country, and we have learnt how to live in peace.
But, it appears, that since President Fox made the only good desicion he has ever taken as our president of avoiding support the stupid, unilateral, and imperialist war in Irak, your dear leader, George Bush has published many cases where our fellow citizens are probably attacking your society; but I must make the truth to come out, because, our own tyrants, have published many cases where your border patrol, has brutally assasinated human beings, nontaking if they're Mexicans or, other latin brothers.
We can't fall in their lies. Remember all the times that your government has tried to fool you, but you could see the truth (like Johnson).
We don't have to fight each other, and I sincerely tell you that, if your border patrol uses guns, our fellow citizens, would keep going to your country, no matter what. They have often proved not to be afraid of death. I think, that if our countries make a deal, of non-intervention, our nation would have the capacity to bring its economy up.
(Technnically, if there's any human sensibility left in your hearts, you cannot blame our inmigrants to leave their former homes, where they earn 1 dollar with 50 cents a day (full journey), and to go to your country (like Florida), where they can earn 4 dollars for only one hour.
We have to cooperate, but if your president thinks that we are going to scare ourselves and sell to him our only Oil company, he has finally lost it.
"Antes Patria que inhermes tus hijos, bajo el yugo su cuello dobleguen, sus campiñas con sangre se rieguen, sobre sangre se estampe su pie."

Let's be friends again, USA. :)
By Boondock Saint
Well, Gral ... I see some errors in your history but thats fine by me. I don't nitpick when it comes to things like that.

Personally I view Mexicans as Americans ... since ... guess what? They live on North America. Honestly I would like to see one republic of North America incorporating Canada, the US and Mexico, each giving up their soveriegnty to become one nation.

Mexican chicks are freakin hot.

The money we spend on border patrols is rediculous, the Mexicans dont want to destroy the US, they want to move here and mow lawns. Sure there are a fair share of criminals but what do you expect? We are talking people who live in utter poverty ...

There is no reason why Mexico and the US should be at odds ... we are neighbors. Just like there is no reason why Canada and the US should be at odds.

Personally I feel the three north American nations are far too autonomous and should begin acting like one body ... meaning that the US needs to play nice with its neighbors. There is no reason the three cannot toss off the shackles of being seperate entities and form one large united North America.
By Paco
Nice reply Boondock, quite admirable after reading most of the previous messages posted here...
Now, replying to your post (excuse that word's spelling) it's no way a viable possibility to make a single nation out of our 3 countries, the reasons are, while simple, difficult to notice. (now that was an oxymoronic :p)
These differences are mainly the fact that all the industry, the political center and all that things that make a country, would be centered in the US, that would attract a lot of people to that part of the country, that wouldn't be a nuisance if we didn't have another problem; racial discrimination.
Let's face it, this generation, next generation, and probably forever there will be racial conflicts between our two (or in this case, three) countries, hence the unification of all of them is nigh impossible...
Another difference is the US liking for war, more probably than not, the goverment would be led by a US person, so war (as history has shown all over the years) would be inevitable...
By Gral. Stamelin
Ok, look:

I have NEVER called myself a non-American, cause, you know dude, America is THE WHOLE CONTINENT.
Our Nation was created autonomous, and the only reason for our country to be "far from autonomous" is the imperialism in trade exchange and the rush-like introduction of foreign companies. (mostly United Staters).
I don't know if you are a Canadian (which seems to me like that) or what, but you really can't talk like that about my country, and I must ask you for a little respect, that is the only thing that I ask for in this forum.
"They want to come here and maw lawns", as you said, I must tell you that maybe you enjoy mowing the lawn, but I don't think all people do, you know. They DON'T WANT, they NEED to mow the lawn.
The fact of needs, can be a little difficult to understand to a Canadian, which are a people with not so many economic problems, but you better take a little look to my country, and that would change your mind.
And you know, if you want to sell your fatherland to the United States, don't speak for everyone, cause they are many people out there, like me, who still care about their people, because if we were a united nation, you know who would get the money, and you wouldn't, and we will never let that go, and neither our culture and independence.
Thank you, besides all, for your coments, and participation.
By CasX
Far out, some of the people that posted early seem to have a real problem with immigrants. You seem to think they're some kind of evil invasion, just there to suck up all your precious dollars. Frankly, I have no problem with immigration. A bit more internationalism on you guys' part would do the world of good. I don't see immigrantion as a creeping disease, but the natural movement and migration of people throughout the world. Most of them don't want to enter your country to suck up all your money, but rather to live a better life where they can get a job and live peacefully. Surely then, making them a legal entity and not some alien invader would help immensly with things like taxes, so they can utilise the same standard of public healthcare and education.

Should border patrol be using their guns?
No way!
(though I live in an island nation with no land borders)
World War II Day by Day

May 22, Wednesday Bletchley Park breaks Luftwaf[…]

You might be surprised and he might wind up being[…]

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]