Chinese Films - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Siberian Fox
Well since this forum seems to also include film now I think I'll take the opportunity to mention a film I watched last week.

After having seen a string of absolutely dire American and Australian action films over the last month, with rediculously over-the-top plots, wooden acting, and predictably happy-happy-joy-joy endings I decided to settle for watching a non-english film safe in the knowledge that things could get little worse. I was however, pleasently surprised by a Chinese film called Princess Blade.

Just a sword fighting marshal arts film, but the lead actress got beat up enough for one to beleive that she might just get killed - as does just about everyone else in the film. But as Jon will tell you I like films with bitter sweet endings, and whilst the star of the show lives to take her place as "Princess" of her virtually extinct tribe, the "baddie" from the films sub-plot gets away scot-free with the murder of the family who looked after her, and the "wise man" character also gets killed earlier in the film.

I enjoyed it anyway, despite watching it with sub-titles.

Anyone else happened across any good Chinese/Asian films?
By Proctor
You mean apart from Ghost in the Shell? No, none. I have watched a pitiful amount of Asian film, which is something I will have to fix in the near future...
By Jon
I've seen a lot of Manga in my time but apart from Seven Samurai and some Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan films I haven't seen much in the way of Asian films.
Should do something about that really.
By Yeddi
Yeah, same here, i really haven't seen many... the last asian movie i saw was Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.. that was ok, but wierd... all that flying... :eh: It was well done though.
Hey, i have an idea, since We haven't seen many how bout we have an Asian Movie night :excited: , If you want we can have it at my place, Proctor you only have to come over the Tasman... hmm Jon, A flight from Bristol to Melbourne would be an absolute bitch... like 32 hours travel :tired: .. but you can come anyway... meet at my house 7pm (Local Time) next Saturday :up:
By Jon
I don't think I can get hold of a free ticket to get to Australia - the only way I can afford to go! ;)
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting look at the nuclear saber rattling Put[…]

…... So based on your definition I could never op[…]

The school trespassed them. They said they can p[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 12, Sunday Aliens are interned or put under […]