War is murder - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Yeddi
yeah, and i like the fact that fish only costs a couple of dollars, but whats that got to do with the pr.... :O ohh yeah.

I do like that quote, do u know who said it? Or is it one of those fantasmagorical things that just appeared.
By Generalissimo Talonius
I think your quote is rather innaccurate. What about the Spartans ? Or the Nordic TRibes of Europe ? Or the Mongolian hordes of yore ? Were they not "war-like people" ?
By ahab
"Killing is killing weather done for duty, profit, or fun."

Marilyn Manson - Snake Eyes and Sissies
By Deicidus
Talonius, you ever heard of Rousseau's most famous quote ``Man is born good, only society corrupts him``.

The mongolian tribe raised their kids to be warriors and fighters. they were trained to dring blood when water runned out. Humans are like dogs, they'll be what you train them to be. Slaves, warriors, servants, capitalists, communists, fascists or just dumb. They are no war-like people, only the leader who make them believe they are.
I believe that society doesnt create people, but is a mere reflection of individuals. Violent individuals create a violent society. Society isn't this evil force you make it out to be ; society is the individual, nothing more.
By CasX
That is a very cool quote.
By El Cid
Generalissimo Talonius wrote:I think your quote is rather innaccurate. What about the Spartans ? Or the Nordic TRibes of Europe ? Or the Mongolian hordes of yore ? Were they not "war-like people" ?

They were made to be war-like by non other than their leaders.
But its all gotta start somewhere. Let's face it : conflict is human and war is natural. There has to be war-like people to have war-like leaders. Something cant come from nothing.
By grinner
...but nothing often comes from something.

woah that was really heavy.
By jaakko
From http://www.oneparty.co.uk/html/marxism/Cl7.html

4. 'IT IS THE INHERENT AGGRESSIVENESS OF MAN WHICH IS THE CAUSE OF WAR' -- TEXTBOOK OF PSYCHOLOGY. COMMENT.

Were this true, it would not be necessary for any government to impose conscription.
In fact, war is the pursuit of political aims by violent means, and these political aims have an economic basis.
By Mercurivs
Or how about this one from: http://www.angelfire.com/ca/DeconIV/ad.html

Crisis In Kosovo
"If you kill one person, you are a murderer, if you kill ten people you are a celebrity, and if you kill a quarter of a million people, you get invited to a peace conference." - Haris Silajdzic, Bosnian Foreign Minister referring to Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic

Yes, it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]