Asterix and Obelix - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By GlobalJustice
The funniest cartoons ever made.

If you have not read any, get to it! They are hilarious stories about a Gallic town during Julius Caesar's reign that cannot be captured by the Romans. (Helps if you know French, as, although there are English version, practically every single line contains a French pun)
By Truth-a-naut
I have a few of their comics in french.
My favourite is when he becomes a legionnere wackiness ensued!
By Jesse
I've read every... single... Asterix comic - as they are my favourite, edging Tintin out, just slightly. I've read most of them in french, as well. I find the puns are wittier in French, but I realize I must miss a few, as my French comprehension isn't as flawless as I'd like. The english translators did a superb job of translating puns and play-on-words, as such a thing must be very hard between languages - to avoid it losing all meaning.
By Cragov the Dry
i prefer the short 3 caption cartoon you find in newspapers, such as Garfield and peanuts. i also really enjoy Gary Larson!
By Darth objectionable
Asterix and Obelix are the greatest cartoons ever. When I was younger I used to go to the library every week and get out a book, and an Asterix and Obelix. One of the best Christmas presents that I ever received was an Asterix and Obelix double comic hardback edition.

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]