Best Movie Ever?? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Al Khabir
Why are so many people here obsessed with Donnie Darko? It really wasn't that good...

Because it's very rare to have any sort of intellectual content in modern popular cinema? Donnie was good, but not a patch on 2001: A Space Odessey.
By Vivisekt
Al Khabir wrote:Because it's very rare to have any sort of intellectual content in modern popular cinema?

I find it odd that people would consider darko to be 'intellectual', but to each his own i suppose. The acting also really wasn't much to speak of. I suppose its just a matter of how easilly impressed one is.

:knife:

I mean, the movie wasn't bad, and the soundtrack was great... but...
By Unperson-S
Monty Python, The life of Brian

Ahhh I love that film
By Seán Himmelb(L)au
My favourites are Donnie Darko, 28 Days Later and American Beauty.

Vivisekt, we get your point. you don't have to keep on repeationg yourself about Donnie Darko. This thread isn't for dissing movies really, is it?
By Vivisekt
Comrade Jon wrote:Vivisekt, we get your point. you don't have to keep on repeationg yourself about Donnie Darko.

Nice to know you've been elected the PoFo Representative, speaking for all members. I'll respond to posts directed at me if i fucking feel like it. You don't like it? Tough shit. Now fuck off.
By MB.
Play nice.
By Falleen Prince Xizor
Comrade Jon wrote:
Vivisekt, we get your point. you don't have to keep on repeationg yourself about Donnie Darko. This thread isn't for dissing movies really, is it?

In fairness. the pro-donnie movement rarely shuts up about it. there wouldn't be much point if the opinion was universal..

I for one respect viv's opinion, eeven if i dasagree with it.

I can see where he's coming from
By Al Khabir
I find it odd that people would consider darko to be 'intellectual', but to each his own i suppose. The acting also really wasn't much to speak of. I suppose its just a matter of how easilly impressed one is.

If Hollywood produced decent films instead of the commercial dross that they currently churn out most of the time, perhaps people would be less easily impressed. By intellectual, I mean in relation to the usual rubbish which people pay to see. In general the modern film industry insults me. Donnie gets credit because it at least attempted to get people thinking, no matter how successful it was in achieving this.

I agree with you that it wasn't a great film though. In a hundred years time, who's going to remember it?

What's your take on this one? https://x.com/DrJa[…]

World War II Day by Day

June 7, Friday Navy captain wins first Victoria […]

@FiveofSwords " To preserve his genes &qu[…]

@Godstud , @Tainari88 , @Potemkin @Verv […]