Moral and natural superiority of women? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
I've studied various philosophy as well as science, and like it or not, I'm currently leaning toward the conclusion that women are the more moral and 'evolved' of the sexes, with men more naturally prone to evil or selfishness.

This notion seems to be affirmed by deeper meaning in religious and spiritual texts as well. While organized religion is often criticized for subjugating women, I see a deeper meaning behind the fable of Adam and Eve:

God designed women as the last of his creations, and therefore the 'highest', claiming it was bad for men to be alone because they're more prone to vices and evil, with women in societies serving more as the internal guardians of order; and men more as protectors against external threats.

Women are also more naturally creative and aesthetically intuitive on the whole, both mentally and physically (as they create life inside them) - which would make them therefore the most like God, created in his own image.

Likewise from a 'teleological hierarchy' of evolution, with the more complex species and individuals being the more "evolved - while I may be off on some details, women's brains and physique are overall more complex and intricate than those of men, which would actually put them above men in the naturalistic hierarchy.

---

In reality the subjugation of women only came after the fall of Eden, as a natural consequence of Adam and Eve taking the 'forbidden fruit'; and while some blame Eve for causing the scenario, in the story Eve was tempted by the Serpent himself, while Adam gave in to the temptation of a mere woman, Eve had the tougher battle, so one could say Adam is therefore more to blame.

---

If a notion of 'social progress' exists, then if anything I'd say it'd ultimately tie to the "progress" of women (not politically, but philosophically and creatively), as a society in which women "rule" like Plato's philosopher kings would ultimately be more moral and less prone to conflict and strife.

Likewise hunter-gather societies, which may in some ways 'resemble' the legend of Eden are reportedly highly egalitarian, close to a "state of nature", arguably much more respective of women than modern industrialized and capitalistic societies which reduce women to sexual property; likewise these egalitarian tribes are immune from many of the harmful effects which followed the transition from hunter-gathering to agriculture, lacking slavery, social stratification, pollution and ills of technology, and other widespread problems that cause one to question the 'civilized' nature of the modern West, particularly the USA.

---

Can't say I particularly "like" this conclusion per se, but if it's what philosophy and nature seem to indicate, I can't deny the conclusions I'm seeing.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

ICJ ICC. The difference is that ICJ cases invol[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 20, Monday Embattled Allied forces find a ne[…]

And all the other states with Dem governors, and […]

@Unthinking Majority I agree that the proteste[…]