Why do some people not distinguish between morality and rules? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
It seems from my general perception, many average people don't understand the difference between morality the essence, and the mere social rules or laws which are determined by groups and societies, constantly changing and subject to whim to some degree.

Even though personally I see the difference as one of common sense, as for example simply because slavery prior to the abolition was permitted by society, there were of course many who considered it immoral on objective grounds.
Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls In the English system, it all depen[…]

https://i.ibb.co/VDfthZC/IMG-0141&#[…]

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]