Information on Getulio Vargas? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
He seems like an interesting character. I can't find a whole lot of books on him or on the time period which he presided over as dictator of Brazil. Has anyone here read something about him and would recommend it? Thanks in advance.
By Fasces
Getulio Vargas of Brazil: Sphinx of the Pampas by Richard Bourne
Father of the Poor?: Vargas and His Era by Robert Levine

Robert Levine in particular seems to have devoted much of his academic work to Vargas, and has written a plethora of books on the subject.
By Andropov
Based off of Amazon, the latter seems to be biased against the man. Is this the case? Or was Vargas just not a very good leader and the book reflects that.
By Fasces
Most English authors will be biased against him. They, however, focus on the "negatives" associated with his regime (authoritarianism or corruption), which should be noted, but do not belittle his successes (though they are quick to point out the limitations of that success.)

If you want overtly positive pictures of his regime, I suggest you learn Portuguese, and study Integralist sources.
By Andropov
Would you recommend the first or the second book on your list as an introduction?
By Fasces
The second as a general overview, the first if you want someone masturbating to his name.

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]