Sig 118 inspired George Orwell - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about and show off personal signature and avatar images.
Rainbow Crow wrote:I like how this forum has classifications of Genocide

These nations were founded on killing other nations in order to steal resources and land. And they're still eager to kill and steal resources all over the planet.

pe·cu·ni·ar·y
/piˈkyo͞onēˌerē/
Adjective
Of, relating to, or consisting of money.

Genocide: "the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, Caste, religious, or national group"

This is all that modernity boils down to: cannibalism with soundtracks (national anthems)
Rainbow Crow wrote:We will never be as cool as you Qatz... I'm serious.

This is impossible to know in advance.

I was totally uncool for most of my life, and remain uncool in the eyes of many people.

Your own personal coolness will be a product of your intellectual and emotional evolution over time.

In the meantime, go find some indigenous people to rob!
I love marrying too.

the current sig slogan wrote:"(our) government wants to ensure that Canadians understand the history that shaped the country we live in today" - Harper PR

This quote is regarding the current government's stated aim to make Canadians "understand" their history more. And by "understand," they mean "interpret it in a way that's lucrative to multinational corporations," of course.

Here's the original article.
QatzelOk wrote:Genocide: "the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, Caste, religious, or national group"

This is the UN's definition because Stalin wanted to continue his purges. Chile's law lists political groups. France includes "any arbitrary group".

Perhaps someone could write a sci-fi novel in which a literal gender war breaks out as medical labs take the place of one or both genders reproductive organs.
AFAIK wrote:This is the UN's definition because Stalin wanted to continue his purges.

Are you saying that the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Israel had no problem with defining genocide more broadly?
QatzelOk wrote:Are you saying that the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Israel had no problem with defining genocide more broadly?

I have not made any comments about those countries' definitions of genocide. Nor did I (intentionally) imply any inferences.

If I have to list everything I haven't said and in what contexts then we could be here a long time. Unless you plan to interrupt me as soon as you perceive a contradiction.
AFAIK wrote:If I have to list everything I haven't said...

Yes, but it's exactly WHAT ISN'T SAID that reveals what is so.

Do you think History departments in the flagged countries above actually say "pecuniary genocide?"

No they don't. And that's what makes this concept so true: "Our inability to say the words."
"pecuniary genocide?"

I'm not familiar with this term. Money genocide ?

-------

Kissinger when ordering the bombing of Cambodia in 1970s wrote: Everything that flies on everything that moves

Genocide.

Also see his attitude to Suharto and Pinochet not to mention Vietnam (as it's the most visible).

Who launched the "Red scares"? Was that in the 50s?

I think Thatcher referred to trade unions as "the enemy within".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/304516.stm

I support the BDS campaign as I think Israel is introducing apartheid to Palestine.

Am I coming across as more balanced? Would you like me to list examples of USA and UK imperialism during their empires? Also Japan during the "15 years of aggression" or is it normal and acceptable to mention Japan's crimes in polite conversation?

Edit- Looking over your list it appears those countries are all settler colonial societies. Possibly the worst form of imperialism.

The Irish who sent condolences to Germany over Hit[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://youtu.be/my8lXDNgACk

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/17882205909580[…]

@Tainari88 @FiveofSwords appears to have suf[…]