Sport Teams - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By nach0king
Also, France seems to have lots of lower league clubs reaching later stages of the cup competitions.

Monaco are exceedingly rich, and despite crap attendances always seem to have a lot of money to spend (wealthy backers, comes with the territory in Monte Carlo.) Didier Deschamps is a great coach.

Guy Roux is STILL in charge at Auxerre, last I heard. They're a provincial club. Roux took over as manager in the late 60s and led them from the regional leagues to the top of the table in France; now they're European veterans.

If you want a full round-up of each club in the premier division, wait until I have some work to do. That'll mean I'll do ANYTHING to avoid getting it done, including a full listing :)

Alternatively you could just give up now and become a Morton fan.
By Batko
Correct, Nachoking. You know French Football, it seems...

You can also classify the French clubs as "proletarians" and "Bourgeois".

Proletarians : St Etienne, Lens, Nantes, Auxerre, Toulouse, Sochaux...
Bourgeois : Lyon, PSG, Marseille, Bordeaux, Nice...
Over-Bourgeois : Monaco.

Bradley, this video is for you my Gone friend :

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ultrascout/le%20bide....wmv

:lol:
By Bricktop
rundown.. a list of all the main teams, their livery (colours) their location, what their style of play is like, what their fans are like, what the team is seen as by other team's supporters... etc. wealth and position in tables. short history. all that ;) large task really.

thanks.

Drummond
By nach0king
I love European football, Batko. Although I know 10 times as much about Germany and Holland as I do France... My favourite French team is Nantes, probably, because I like the city of Nantes. Never watched a game in France, though (unless you count watching the World Cup in bars as French football :p )
By Batko
FC Nantes is a good club with a rich history and a lot of titles and cups.
They are well reknowned in France for their traditional style of play made of rapid passes and "one-touch" game. Though the "Canaris" are facing some difficulties nowadays, they are at the end of the classification I think, near to the "danger zone", and they changed the coach recently because of that.

Drummond,
Yes, it's a very large task! Don't expect me to do it, it would take way too much of my precious time.
I can make it for my favorite club at least...

AS Saint Etienne

-Livery : Green and white

-Nickname : "Les verts" (the greens)

-Mascot : a black Panther.

-Location : St-Etienne is not far of Lyon (which explains the arch-rivalry between the two cities and their clubs)

-Stadium : Stade Geoffroy Guichard, nicknamed "Le Chaudron" (the Cauldron) because it's very "hot". Capacity 40.000

- Style : Offensive (best attack of the season this year).

-what their fans are like : Savage! (The best french supporters in front of those of Lens and Marseille, indisputably)

-what the team is seen as by other team's supporters : Hated by those of Lyon, respected by the others.

-Wealth : poor compared to Monaco, PSG or Lyon.

-Position in tables : actually 9, still qualified in the league cup and cup.

By bradley
batko that clip was fucking hilarious; those guys are awesome, i wish i'd seen the whole '12 tasks' film. Football hooligans are such primitive savages, it's funny :D
By Clovis
NFL: New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints

Ditto -- geaux Saints!

I also follow tennis closely. Federer is a god.
By Todd D.
NFL - San Fransisco, somewhat of a Patriots fan.
NBA - Don't really care, but if I had to choose I would probably take the Mavericks.
College Football - Obviously TCU
MLB - New York Mets
By Captain Hat
Baseball:
Baltimore Orioles

American Football:
Baltimore Ravens

Football:
Baltimore Blast (I've never actually seen them play, but I'm just a home-team kinda guy)

Favorite Olympic Sports:
Swimming
Volleyball (Women's)
Weightlifting
Track & Field
Triathalon
By Thoss
CFL - ARGOS (I live 10 mintues from where the new stadium is going to be built.... so uber cooooooool)

I bet you're pleased with the last season....lucky bastards.

The Roughriders will rise again!
By Batko
bradley wrote:batko that clip was fucking hilarious; those guys are awesome, i wish i'd seen the whole '12 tasks' film. Football hooligans are such primitive savages, it's funny

Indeed. :)

Ps : When I qualify the St-Etienne fans of "savage", I mean "in the good way", they are knowned to be noisy and colourful but not for hooliganism.
By nach0king
batko that clip was fucking hilarious; those guys are awesome, i wish i'd seen the whole '12 tasks' film. Football hooligans are such primitive savages, it's funny Very happy

Are they, now? And how many football hooligans have you met?

Probably a couple more than you realise.

It isn't an argument, it is just a fact. And no, […]

In response to both you and @Sherlock Holmes , […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting look at the nuclear saber rattling Pu[…]

I don't find it surprising mainstream media will a[…]