Boxing - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Rancid
Well, there's a psychological battle in just about ever sport though.
By jessupjonesjnr87
Of course there is a psychological element to boxing but why does this make it fake?
By Godstud
It's too bad Pacquiao lost to that cunt, Mayweather. He seems to be the people's champion, whereas Mayweather is the Champion of Assholes.
By One Degree
Of course there is a psychological element to boxing but why does this make it fake?

Did not mean to imply that. Don King and his ilk made it fake.
By Godstud
I think the fight should have gone to Pacqiao, but "Money" Mayweather is MR. Vegas, so it didn't. Home field advantage.

One Degree wrote:Don King and his ilk made it fake.
His ilk is alive and well in boxing.
By Rancid
One thing to note about Mayweather though. He purposely plays up his asshole image because it earns him more money. The guy is an asshole no doubt, but he actually capitalizes on it. I guess this is what the capitalists love.
By jessupjonesjnr87
I don't think Mayweather should have won by the margin he did but I would give him the victory. He dominated and controlled the pace of the fight and after twelve rounds of Manny coming at him he had hardly broken a sweat by the end of the fight.
By Red_Army
I doubt Mayweather is really an asshole, and I doubt Pacquiao is really a sweetheart. Pac is a fucking congressman in the Philippines, he's probably a huge dirtbag even besides his Catholic bullshit.
By Istanbuller
Winner guy got $150 million for a game and other guy got $100 million for only this game. This is really harsh. I didn't know any athlete can get an amount like this for only a game.

Boxing is not even enjoyable but thanks to American gamblers and marketing people that they turn something like this into a huge event.

Soccer is the best sport in the world but even greatest soccer players do not get these amounts.
By Rancid
Damn I wish I was paid 100 Million.
By Ganeshas Rat
It's better to pay millions to boxers than to football players. They are men with balls at least, risking their health and minds in a honest sport teaching kids how to punch your offender's face, not a rubberball. While the best would be to give sums of those scales to chess or maybe even go players.
By One Degree
Money should not be a problem for anyone smart enough to play Go well.
I only tried it for a few days on the internet, but I was astonished at the complexity.
By jessupjonesjnr87
Boxers have a very rigorous training regime and most get paid relatively small amounts of money.
By Godstud
Was Pacqioa robbed, or was it simply a mistake?

Hmmmm....
By Red_Army
Some guy walking Pacquaio to the ring had a 6 sided star on his chest, you do the math...

But Istanbuller is terribly wrong. Soccer is gayer than 9 dudes fucking 10 turkish dudes.
By anarchist23
Boxing is a great sport, there is nothing more enjoyable than seeing two guys try to beat the fuck out of each other. In the long term the boxers end up like Mohamed Ali.
Ali was diagnosed with Parkinson's syndrome in 1984, a disease that is common to head trauma from activities such as boxing.
By Godstud
Sugar Ray Leonard hasn't ended up like Ali.
By One Degree
I was not an Ali fan, but comparing his battles to Sugar Ray Leonard's, is not even in the same category. Ali's fights were brutal.

https://twitter.com/yanisvaroufakis/status/1773500[…]

One potential solution is for us to do everything[…]

The topic you are focussed on is "rape, rape[…]

Nobody has the means to intercept any significant[…]