NHL 2013 Season - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Captain Sam
Good riddance to Burke. He grossly overpaid for players in a race to hit the salary cap. It'll be difficult to trade away players like Komisarek, Lombardi and Connolly.
By Magnetonium
I take it you're another Leafs fan? :) Heheh, they gotta make the playoffs this year. Seriously though ... since the last time the Leafs made the playoffs, all major Boston-area teams (Celtics, Bruins, Sox, Patriots) have each won at least one championship.

Its a terrible shame but my Wings are probably not going to be in contention this year. The gap left by Lidstrom/Holmstrom retirement has not been adequately filled.

On a secondary note - do you think the seats will be left empty by the angry fans? I just read that Buffalo Sabres broke their record for selling the most tickets in club history the other day.
Sabres over Flyers, 5-2... Wonder what Demos has to say about that?
By Demosthenes
It was pure Conservativatry...All the way.

Bryz choked and the defense hung him out to dry.

Same story for the last few years.

Anyway, there are two more to go, we'll see how it pans out.
By Demosthenes
Captain Sam wrote:Fucking hell. If Reimer is injured again the Leafs can say good bye to the playoffs.

Damn Leafs. 3 goals in 4 minutes, really?
By Magnetonium
Something tells me that despite Blackhawks' phenomenal start to the season, they'll end up just like the '96 Wings and get knocked out in the second or third round of the playoffs.
By Demosthenes
Man I don't know what it is about the Flyers that drives the Penguins so crazy but I'll take it. For whatever reason they just totally lose their game around us and just try to go crazy and play old tyme Flyers hockey instead of just playing the game the way they excel at it.

I mean, I hate the Penguins. It's my God given right, but I respect them as a good team (minus Sidney "Whiney-Bitch" Crosby) and worthy foe, and in fact can even concede that on paper they have better talent.

But whatever it is that drives them into fits when they play us... well, I'll take it!

Flyers 6, Penguins 5.

Jake Vorachek: Hat Trick
Wayne Simmonds: Gordy Howe Hat Trick

By Magnetonium
Flyers-Penguins games are always very entertaining. Remember the last year's playoffs very well. It was a great game - and I hate the Penguins, so the result suits just fine with me
By Demosthenes
What a load of crap!

Anyway, we're already done so it doesn't matter.

I will root for someone out West instead.
By Captain Sam
I don't know what happened to the Flyers. They were expected to be a cup contender, yet both their offense and defence are playing terrible. What were they thinking letting Carle and Jagr go to free agency?
By Magnetonium
Damn how much I dislike the Penguins. They just snagged Iginla for pretty much nothing from the fading Flames. Really hope they choke again in the playoffs
Interesting to see how Minnesota has rebounded in the second half, while my Wings never seize to amaze me - I expected a struggling team this year after the loss of Lidstrom.
By Captain Sam
Magnetonium wrote:Damn how much I dislike the Penguins. They just snagged Iginla for pretty much nothing from the fading Flames. Really hope they choke again in the playoffs
I'm hoping Crosby will be back sometime during the playoffs. It's a damn shame to see the best player since Gretzky and Lemieux plagued by injuries.

Glad to see Columbus is in contention for 8th.
By Magnetonium
Captain Sam wrote:I'm hoping Crosby will be back sometime during the playoffs. It's a damn shame to see the best player since Gretzky and Lemieux plagued by injuries.

Glad to see Columbus is in contention for 8th.

Its quite evident that injuries will be the story of Crosby's career, they'll keep on piling up. He's a great player, a better scorer than Ovechkin - BUT, I would rather prefer watching Ovechkin play because that guy is a tank and he's very entertaining to watch, despite his lower shooting accuracy.
By Magnetonium
And talking about Ovechkin ... another big night for him. Ever since his dreadful first half of the season where he was heading towards his worst stats ever - now he has REALLY turned things around, exploded into huge production numbers in the last few games to once again look like the Great Eight we expect to see Capitals powerplay is top 3 in the league

@FiveofSwords You are discussing the big Cs - […]

Trump pledges to scrap offshore wind projects on[…]

Then clarify exactly what you meant when you said[…]

...People tend to empathize with victims of viole[…]