How Soviet Union or Nazi Germany do in the Olympics today? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

The games haven't finished yet but so far the Soviet Union would be third in Golds and total.

What gets lost in this is team sports.

Nazi Germany circa 1941 would include France, Belgium, Holland, Norway, Denmark, Czech, Slovakia, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and West Poland.
SecretSquirrel wrote:what about the British Empire at its height? early 20th century

By my reckoning, the British Empire would get:

56 gold, 57 silver, 72 bronze - 185 total.

For The Win!

Next up - Oceania. v. Eurasia v. Eastasia ...

Lensky1917 wrote:What is it about communist countries that make them perform so well in the Olympics?

Drugs:

Belarusian women's shot put gold medallist Nadzeya Ostapchuk has been stripped of her title after failing a doping test, the International Olympic Committee has announced.

Ostapchuk, 31, threw 21.36m with her third attempt to win in the Olympic Stadium last week.

But Ostapchuk has now been disqualified after officials said metenolone was found in a urine sample she provided.

New Zealand's Valerie Adams, who was second, has now been awarded gold.

An IOC statement said:"The athlete was first requested to provide a urine sample for a doping control on 5 August.

"She competed the next day in the women's shot put event, where she placed first, and was asked to provide a sample straight after her competition.

"Both samples indicated the presence of metenolone, which is classified as anabolic agent under the 2012 prohibited list."
British discus thrower Brett Morse apologised to his Twitter followers after accusing Ostapchuk of doping last week.

Morse made the claim after he failed to qualify for the Olympics discus final and also tweeted: "I've had a bad day but it could be worse, I could look like Ostaptchuk [sic]."

This changes the medal totals, of course - the glorious British Empire advances further, while the shameful Soviet Union sinks further into its slough of despond ...
:roll:
This is the most ridiculous thread we have got in a while...

Why don't we see how the Roman Empire did in the Olympics instead? Or better, why not checking the Mongol Empire, since that covers most of Asia and Eastern Europe...

The Soviet Union and the Third Reich are gone. And they are not coming back. So they got basically zero medals each...
I don't get this thread. Bigger countries have single teams. In order for it to be balanced, the U.S. should be allowed to send an Olympic team for every state in the union.

It's like the stupid U.N. Each country gets one vote. A whole lot of good that does bigger countries, eh?

Maybe this thread shows how much of a crutch some countries need just to catch up.
its just for fun, dak. settle down.

By the way I am not so certain that letting each US state send its own team would actually help. The teams would have much lower training budgets, so our country's best athletes (the ones who are currently on the national team in real life) would not perform as well.

In the West we're all fighting the Nazis Well […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

There is a guest lecture about this in that Ukrai[…]

@FiveofSwords A person's academic work should[…]

I find it bizarre that people like @Unthinking M[…]