AFL tips/thread - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By colliric
unbalanced zealot wrote:I never been to Waverley but it sounds a lot like Football Park in Adelaide.

Makes sense, after all it's official name was "VFL/AFL Park" and it was sometimes called "Football Park"(Before Football Park became Adelaide's homne)... "Waverley Park" was actually a nickname.

Also as I got home today I've been told by people who know what they're talking about, that Fevola is REALLY set to return to the AFL next year(as a "changed man" of cause :lol: !), and after the Carlton Sacking Fiasco that it's going to be the big post-season story..... Makes sense, he's still got a few good seasons left in him(and he's been superb in that country comp). So it's probably true Eddie's been talking to him and they've kept it quiet.... I think if Cloke goes, there's certainly space in the forward line for Fev, weather or not there's room in Social Club is another matter altogether...

Here's the breaking story:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/how-br ... 6462752062
http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-footbal ... 24oue.html

and his current form:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6458261399

Talking up his Collingwood prospects earlier in the year:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6397605778
P.S.
Told you so Notorious! Franklin ripped the Eagles to shreds in the first and they never recovered.... Now Collingwood just has to beat or draw with essendon to make the top 4, and we're $1.30 to $4something favourites..... Yes I rubbed it in to Hawthorn supporters that they were helping Collingwood's cause.
By unbalanced zealot
Thinking thru all permeations ... if CW do lose tonight they not only will miss the 4 but will at some stage most likely have to play an inter-state final. Am I right on this?

Also - the AFL may as well take a rest on Sunday ... all the games are meaningless, beside draft picks.
By colliric
unbalanced zealot wrote:
So who does Collingwood play next week? Is it Geelong/Freo winner or WC/NM winner?

West Coast(or NM but I doubt they'll win) at the MCG... We should make the preliminary. I think everyone expected the hawthorn loss... I hope they get Geelong in the pre-Lim!
By colliric
unbalanced zealot wrote:Yep - a CWD-Gee prelim would be great.

Umm I was talking about the Hawks!
By colliric
unbalanced zealot wrote:Ok - so it could be an Adelaide or Sydney away prelim for Collingwood?

Yep.
By Notorious B.i.G.
That's right.

I'm going to call it now. The GF will be Hawks v Collingwood.
Sydney has to play at Homebush (ANZ Stadium) against the Pies. Collingwood beat them there in the H/W season. I can see them doing the same again. Sydney really gets screwed by not being able to play finals at the SCG. Also, Sydney’s style of football has been found wanting in the last month of the H/W season where they lost to 2 of the top 4 sides and 3 of their last 4 games.
By colliric
I'm tipping Freo if they win tonight.... What they did to Geelong was downright terrifying. If they can reproduce that against Adelaide tonight and face Hawthorn next week, they'll go in with confidence against Hawthorn and win. If it's Adelaide then Hawthorn will be there. I'm holding off on my own side because we need a miracle against WC first and West Coast can lift at the 'G during the finals. Then we face an inform Sydney.
By Notorious B.i.G.
What Freo did against Geelond was terrifying. But no way, absolutely no chance the can pull that off for three weeks in a row. Especially with travel to Melbourne, Adelaide and back to Melbourne. No chance. They might be Adelaide, but they sure as hell won’t be Hawthorn at the MCG, unless Hawthorn plays its worst game of football for the year.
By colliric
Notorious B.i.G. wrote:What Freo did against Geelond was terrifying. But no way, absolutely no chance the can pull that off for three weeks in a row. Especially with travel to Melbourne, Adelaide and back to Melbourne. No chance. They might be Adelaide, but they sure as hell won’t be Hawthorn at the MCG, unless Hawthorn plays its worst game of football for the year.

I believe Hawthorn will play great, but Freo reminds me of Brisbane in 2003, the last side to break the "week off" Hoodoo(from my memory) and they got the momentum to win the flag that year... While Hawthorn is as good as Collingwood was in the same year. Geelong was too shocked to do anything... Just swamped.

If Brisbane was good enough to be September champions with their 2003 side, Freo this year Is a possibility.
By unbalanced zealot
Incidentally, I like Fremantle as a place. I think I mentioned that my wife and I live in Claremont which is only a few train stops back.

If Perth wasn't so isolated (and expensive) it's be a cool place to live long term.
By Notorious B.i.G.
unbalanced zealot wrote:Yeh me too. When they were up in the 1st quarter I had my hopes up.

It was a cracking game. Close even to the end.
Hawks will thump Adelaide next weekend. Bring on Coll v WC

Are you hoping I want aids? No, I want you to b[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Then why are people like you so worried about The[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable justi[…]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]