Teams & Merchandise - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Lensky1917
I think that the worst a team is, the cheaper their merchandise should be. For baseball if you're a Mets or Cubs fan you should only have to pay $15 for a hat or t-shirt. Same thing in NASCAR if you're a Dale Jr. fan. You've been rabid lunatics your entire life supporting a team(or athlete) that hardly ever(IF EVER) win, let alone getting a championship in their respective sport. You irrationally defend them at every insult slung toward them and stick with them good times and bad. But mostly bad.

On the flip side of things, the better your team(or athlete) does the MORE you should pay for being a dick and rubbing everyone's face in it. Let's call it a DOUCHE TAX. If you support the Yankees, Lakers, Red Wings, Bruins, Jimmie Johnson(Hendrick Motorsports in general), etc., you should be expected to pay $25 for a hat or t-shirt. That said, there should be fan clubs where for a nominal fee you could get a locked price of say $20.

Seems a bit hard to pin a dominant team in the NFL as one or two usually dominate a decade at a time.

Just some idle thoughts.
The Phillies are the losingest team in Professional sports in North America. I want free shit.

However, I am also not that big a fan of baseball.
They also have 10,000 (yes, 1 and 4 zeros) losses!

Recent history aside, they have sucked for a long, long time. When Philly lost the Athletics it got the shitty end of the deal. It would be like New York losing the Yankees and getting stuck with the Mets. :hmm:
By Brio
Demosthenes wrote:They also have 10,000 (yes, 1 and 3 zeros).

10, 000 what? And 10, 000 has 4 zeros.

Demosthenes wrote:Recent history aside, they have sucked for a long, long time.

So they are like the Leafs of baseball?
Brio wrote:So they are like the Leafs of baseball?

Ummm... I think they're just the opposite. Shitty forever, and more recently somewhat successful... though still disappointing outside of '08 (which WAS cool...but hardly dynastic)

Anyway, that was 10,000 losses.
By Brio
Demosthenes wrote:Shitty forever, and more recently somewhat successful

So a more apt comparison might be the Blackhawks (of the original six they have the least cups, but got one recently)?

Demosthenes wrote:Anyway, that was 10,000 losses.

Daaaammn! Well at least your last championship was broadcast in colour TV, which is better than black-and-white (Leafs) or not even radio (Cubs). :hmm:
By R_G
Free Pistons gear would be nice, very much so.

And oh yeah, GIVE ME FREE RAMS SHIT NOW!!! Dear Lord.

@FiveofSwords In previous posts, you have said[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]