NHL 2012 Playoff Predictions Thread - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Yep, Kings pulled off a sweep.

I'll probably be picking them over the Coyotes.

R_G wrote:Hoping Phily can tie it like Washington to keep my chance of going 4 for 4 and taking the lead alive!! MWUAHAHA!!

Hell no. Fuck the Flyers. Go Devils! :evil:
Well the Coyotes slaughtered the Predators. :|

R_G wrote:Phily has come back down 0-3. This will be a cakewalk.

Even without Giroux? :evil:

The Devils are really reminding me of Jimmie Johnson and the #48 team in NASCAR really. They wait until the Playoffs(Chase) to show their hand. :hmm:
Lensky1917 wrote:The Devils are really reminding me of Jimmie Johnson and the #48 team in NASCAR really. They wait until the Playoffs(Chase) to show their hand.

How long have you been watching hockey? :eh:

R_G wrote:Yeah, thought it be 6 instead of 5 games....

Congrats on your prescience.

Even though I predicted wrong on this series, I can`t say I`m unhappy with the result if for the only reason to shut hip hop up. Hey it looks like the guidos of the hockey world are going to go farther than your Predators. How does it feel to be so wrong?
Brio wrote:How long have you been watching hockey?

:eh:

I'm only referring to their excellent playing in the Playoffs this season. They certainly haven't shown themselves to be the best team this year. But they're winning where it counts and are there at the end.
It`s not like NJ has suddenly brought in some ringers at the trade deadline or is playing a completely different style of tactics. It just seems that Philly for the most part seems disinterested in doing what it takes to win this round.
Two people picked Jersey.

However neither picked the right amount of games so I guess it balances itself out with my Phoenix pick.

Now we see what happens with Washington.
R_G wrote:However neither picked the right amount of games so I guess it balances itself out with my Phoenix pick.

Now we see what happens with Washington.

If Washington comes back and you get the extra point for correctly picking the amount of games you will be tied with me for the lead, correct?

I must say, I'm not surprised to see Canadian Pofo posters in top position in this years pool.
Brio wrote:If Washington comes back and you get the extra point for correctly picking the amount of games you will be tied with me for the lead, correct?

I must say, I'm not surprised to see Canadian Pofo posters in top position in this years pool.

Right now it's:
R_G= 2 for Phoenix, 2 for Kings
Brio=2 for Kings, 2 for Jersey

With you having the 1 point difference from Round 1.

So yes, if I get the extra point for Washington I tie you, however you'd still only be ahead of me by 1 if Washington loses.

Consequently, if Washington wins, Captain Sam is essentially finished as his last remaining pick is New York in 6, though if he gets that right that's 3 for him.

Overall without checking I think I'm in the Top 3 regardless. And yes it makes perfect sense it's Canadians at the top since we have like 3 Americans in the entire pool no?

Lensky1917 wrote:For fuck's sake. If the Capitals tie the Rangers, they won't play again until Saturday?! :roll:

They had the same break between Games 3 and 4.

Would be interesting to see if the winning team only gets a 1 day break.

If that is true and they play Monday, then New Jersey gets 5 days rest vs. 1, which should be a notable advantage when you considering the Triple OT.
Blues in 7, tight matchup, could go either way with Quick but I belive the Blues will prevail.
Predators in 6, Phoenix is basically a poor man's version of Nashville, Predators have better offense, better D, better goaltending.
Flyers in 5, I am on their bandwagon, their forward depth will crush the Devils, Marty will be devoured
Washington in 7, I don't know why, I just belive in the Caps. Nothing would please me more than to see Ovechkin back to form and crush the Rangers.

:roll:

Washington please, save me what little I have of my dignity.
Doing much better this round I suppose, wish I could predict the right amount of games. I believe my psychic signals were screwed up. I totally meant 4 games on the Kings, 5 games on Jersey, and 7 on the Caps. :roll:

Frankly, I think I should get a bonus point for picking the right team to win despite knowing almost nothing about hockey. :hmm:
Lensky1917 wrote:Frankly, I think I should get a bonus point for picking the right team to win despite knowing almost nothing about hockey.

R_G wrote:If Washington wins you'll only be 1 point behind me and Brio, Lensky.

Lensky is the NHL 2012 Pofo Playoff Pool's version of Maggie the Monkey. Good work. :)
R_G wrote:If Washington wins you'll only be 1 point behind me and Brio, Lensky.

What about FrenchFried and Bunny? :?:

Brio wrote:Lensky is the NHL 2012 Pofo Playoff Pool's version of Maggie the Monkey. Good work.

Please, I would rather be compared to Paul the Octopus. :roll:

Oh-oh. Congrats, your echo bubble holds very tig[…]

The Russia hate needs to end

Here is a video that talks about the supposed deca[…]

Perhaps the solution is to reject more black males[…]

If you have a point to make, go for it. We can […]