Basketball Thread - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Voltaire
Gonzaga's rule of the WCC seems to be over, Gray fouled out with about 6 minutes left and St. Mary's hit a buzzer beater to beat Gonzaga by 2.

With the defeat of SDSU, Ohio State is the only unbeaten team left, though I doubt they will stay that way.

Some good basketball is cookin'

Oh and on NBA terms, I saw the Heat lost to the Knicks? Weren't the Heat supposed to be like some stellar amazing team with Lebron, Wade and Bosch. Guess not.

My vote is for the Celtics.
By XAdamX
Bosh was out with an injury, Wade was recovering from migraines and wearing protective eyewear (still managed to put up 39 points), and James had an off night. The Knicks talked some shit before the game and almost had to win to save face. The game was also played in front of a raucous crowd at Madison Square Garden. With all of that said, New York only won by five points.

I can't judge anyone seriously until May and June roll around. However, I am not convinced the Lakers will win the Western Conference this year. San Antonio is playing well, Dallas will be there, Oklahoma City, and don't sleep on New Orleans (who is currently in third in the West with the longest current winning streak).
By Oxymoron
Xadams you can make all the excuses you want, but the Knicks won. And when you have 3 allstars, your weakness is your bench, so the injury to Bosh is not an excuse either. The Knicks are certainly a better team then Miami, if Miami thinks it has a chance then they should force Lebron to be more like Magic rather then Kukoc.
By Voltaire
With all of that said, New York only won by five points.

Surely at some point in your life you have played sports, you must know that a win is a win, and you cannot measure your success based on how little you lost to the other team. :roll:
By XAdamX
Oxymoron's spelling and grammar has increasing gone down the toilet over the years. Do you put any effort into your posts anymore?

Anyways, the "certainly better" Knicks team already lost to Miami twice this year; once at home by 22 and the other by 8 (after making it appear closer during garbage time). This "certainly better" team will lose in the first round irregardless of acquiring Carmelo. On the subject of Carmelo, it's odd that you should poke fun at Miami's All-Stars when New York has been attempting to bring in a "Big Three" of their own. No one that knows anything about basketball thought Miami would win a championship this year. It took two years after the acquisition of Shaq and I believe it will be no different this time around.
By Oxymoron
Miami wont win a championship with Lebron, and no I dont make an effort to check my grammar.
By Mazhi
I see NBA All-Star Weekend Rookie Challenge is on in a few hours.

Should I watch it?
By Oxymoron
Should be pretty good, lots of talent out there.
By Mazhi
Cool. I guess I'll watch it if I won't be too sleepy.

It'll be 3 am here when it starts, but I'm used to staying up at night lately..lol
By NYYS
how about fuckin' Jimmer? Kid is crazy.

(we don't have a college ball thread, do we?)
By Oxymoron
Another great College player that will be a role player at best in the NBA
By rawsiefilnredom
I'm not really into basketball, but just this morning my closest friend told me that I should be a Knicks fan because he is a Knicks fan. He also said that I should hate Lebron James.

So, I guess that I am a Knicks fan and that I hate Lebron James.
By Voltaire
Another great College player that will be a role player at best in the NBA

agree, if you ain't black. You aint nothin'.

Which is pretty much true. Think of all the current "star" players, they are either black, or half black.
With a couple exceptions.
By NYYS
I agree, Jimmer is not going to be an elite NBA player.

However, will he be better or worse than JJ Redick?
By Oxymoron
Which is pretty much true. Think of all the current "star" players, they are either black, or half black.
With a couple exceptions.

That is false....there are many great white players and lots of good white players....Love,Hinrick,Galineri,Nash,Turkulugu to many to mention

I think Reddick is a very smart player, and does the best with his skills. I dont know if Jimmer has the Basketball IQ and toughness that will only be answered once he is in the NBA, but hopefully he doesnt go to high or he will be a disapointment and that can wear on a young player.
By Voltaire
That is false

No it is true.

Love,Hinrick,Galineri,Nash,Turkulugu

Out of all those names all I know is Nash. I am just a casual NBA fan however and catch highlights on espn. So they can't be too big of stars. I didn't say there wasn't any good non black players, I said there are few STARS. Do you know the difference?

Stars- Lebron, Dwight Howard,Kobe Bryant, Carmello, Dwayne wade, and so many more it's not even funny. Essentially Household names.

Turkulugu?
Da fuck
By Oxymoron
I am just a casual NBA fan however and catch highlights on espn. So they can't be too big of stars. I didn't say there wasn't any good non black players, I said there are few STARS. Do you know the difference?

Love is a Double Double machine but plays in a small market.

Nowitski is a basketball fans house hold name, So is Gasol, So is Nash, obviously there are more black super stars but that doesnt mean all of them are and have to be. I dont understand your position, is it you think Blacks are inherintely better at basketball or is it that there is a pro black conspiracy run by the mostly white owners?
By NYYS
The other thing to note is almost all the good white players are not American. Kevin Love might be the best American white dude.
By Oxymoron
That is true NYYS, but I think its a social thing. I would think that the issue is white Americans going into different sports, Hockey,Baseball, Football, MMA, I think Basketball remains more of an urban sport mostly in moderate to warm climates, and since the populations of those areas is majority black that would probably explain the percentages in the NBA.

Ah when I said hierarchy, I meant the categories […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is again merely looking at territory. Oh in[…]

@Tainari88 What’s your take on tbose who are c[…]

There are many on the Left calling for government […]