A Burning Questions - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Al_Ji
I know how technocrats feel about their system, claiming that it is not a political theory, etc. But the reality is, if they ever want to see their dreams realized, they need to get involved in politics, form technocrat political parties, and campaign their solutions to the people.

Whether you know that you have come up with the best solution for mankind or not is besides the point. This needs to be presented to the people. Politics is the springboard on which society develops and implements reforms--thats why it exists in the first place. Technocracy will never happen unless technocrats get into positions of power, and this CANNOT be done without politics. Technocrats cannot just sit back on their high chairs and hope to magically see the world change before their eyes.

What do you say to that?
By Slayer of Cliffracers

I know how technocrats feel about their system, claiming that it is not a political theory, etc. But the reality is, if they ever want to see their dreams realized, they need to get involved in politics, form technocrat political parties, and campaign their solutions to the people.

Whether you know that you have come up with the best solution for mankind or not is besides the point. This needs to be presented to the people. Politics is the springboard on which society develops and implements reforms--thats why it exists in the first place. Technocracy will never happen unless technocrats get into positions of power, and this CANNOT be done without politics. Technocrats cannot just sit back on their high chairs and hope to magically see the world change before their eyes.

What do you say to that?

Very, very true. The main enemy of technocracy, is the fact they shun politics to the degree they do.

This is beacause they like to see themselves as 'scientific' rather than 'political'.

Even though the reality is that they are very, very political in theory. There is actually no way technocracy could be established, without overthrowing the entire social and political order in some kind of revolution.
By The Red Menace
Which is why technocracy will inevitably fail. There will never be a true technocratic state.
By El Gilroy
Which is why technocracy will inevitably fail. There will never be a true technocratic state.

Who said there would be a technocratic "state"?
And how exactly do you deduct inevitable failure of an entire system only from the reluctance of its proponents to participate in a form of politics they simply despise?
By Slayer of Cliffracers
Anyway, the "We should only do it this way because that it the only way it has been done before" has never been a good argument against something. Technocracy has very good reasons for not involving itself in politics, which has been discussed here many times before, but I will summarize to save you having to search for it. Basically, by getting involved in politics, energy is taken away from Technocracy's mandate of education and put into "getting into power" instead. It is this very reason that diverts useful time, resources, and energy away from even well-meaning politicians from actually performing administration duties.

Yes, but for the most part, an example is worth 1000 words.

Unless you can demonstrate or propose in a political context your ideas, then your idea, however brilliant it is will never get anywhere.
By N'Djamena
Technocracy is like Communism, nice ideas, and will never work.
By El Gilroy
Oh, most knowledgeable N'Djamena, without wanting to insult your godlike judgment, requiring only a single line without further explanations or reasoning, I, your humble admirer, would feel infinitely blessed by a slight shimmer of elaboration from your ever-illuminating mind.

Seriously...if you have to snot out your opinion like that, tell us what you found it on.
By Slayer of Cliffracers
Technocracy is like Communism, nice ideas, and will never work.

Communism is an idea that won't work beacause so many people say it's won't work.
By El Gilroy
Communism is an idea that won't work beacause so many people say it's won't work.

As with so many ideas..."we're all to blame".
By Muslim
All those people attacking technocracy?!! :hmm:

Electing the technocrate depends on your level of education and your scientific background. Since the majority of any society doesn't have but a limited scientific vision, they are more derived into electing politicians (who know how to talk well) than electing scientists (who know how to make achievements well).

Politicians, on the other hand, do nothing but talking, talking and .. SURPRISE SURPRISE.. talking! They make alliances and attack each others' personal lives. They are a group of illeterates who know how to lead others, how to control them and how to convince their people that they are good and other politicians are bad. A good set of skill, I see. Good enough to make politicians succeed in elections.

We only have to wait until science and knowledge have the ruling world in the societies, if it would ever happen at all!
By skip sievert
" So today the operation of our control mechanism, the control measures that must and will be adopted are those that most nearly conform to the technological operating requirements of that mechanism.
These requirements can only be known by those who are intimately familiar with the technical details of that mechanism, our technically trained personnel ;
- though prior to there being a general recognition of this fact we expect to witness performances on the part of our educators, economists, and sociologists,
lawyers, politicians, and businessmen that will parallel the performances of all the witch doctors of preceding ages." end quote. Technocracy Study Course.

Kolzene you would not know Technocracy if it bit you in the hind end.
You are a Wiccan. They put spells on people. You are a sociologist. You believe in sociology being a 'science'
You are not a representative of Technocracy.
You represent dumbed down edits of the Q&A TTCD Faq`s material that you wrote.
You want to build meeting houses for Witch`s in your phony idea of a Technate.
You are not a member of either Technocracy organization, Bill DesJardin.
You are a cult leader.
Enrique Lescure is one of your robots, Lux that is.
You have assembled a few foolish people that like you to be their Guru. :knife: :evil: :)
By Alex Jacobson
There is actually no way technocracy could be established, without overthrowing the entire social and political order in some kind of revolution.

It can be done slowly but surely by restructuring society from the bottom up, rather than the top town. This would be done by making the necessary technological innovations that would make switching more convenient, increasing public understanding of chemistry and biology, and developing infrastructure. By working as a researcher in any field of hard science, advocating and/or pioneering education reform, running public awareness programs about the chemistry of the world around and inside them, working as an engineer, etc. you push humanity towards the point at which embracing technocracy will be the logical conclusion of the majority of the population. Technocracy requires a foundation of considerable intellectual richness, knowledge, and social stability in order to function.

Technocracy should never be involved in politics. There are two reasons why I am a little skeptical of technocracy: that it may never be accepted by the public, and that it may be corrupted like communism in Russia. Avoiding politics not only prevents skewing the system towards special interest, it also safeguards against tyranny.

How can I say this when I have made myself involved in politics? I have done so because technocracy is not in the business of answering moral/philosophical questions, that is what politics is for figuring out.
By El Gilroy
Politics is managing issues between slaves and their masters. :p
By MB.
answering moral/philosophical questions... is what politics is for figuring out.

Come again? Not that I want to discuss that at all in this forum, but this comment simply struck me as especially ridiculous.

@Unthinking Majority So again we see the debat[…]

You are not even trying now. Job done. :lol: […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting look at the nuclear saber rattling Put[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 12, Sunday Aliens are interned or put under […]