Can technocrats find a solution for immigration problem? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Are you asking about internal migration or external?

External is simple enough as a technate is usually envisioned as requiring an entire continent to function so only the oceans will have to be defended. The Navy and air-force (perhaps satellites also) can easily monitor the oceans and repel any vessels that attempt to approach the coast.

Internal may be more complex. Resources can be directed to meet demand but if millions simultaneously desire beachfront accommodation then a waiting list may be produced whilst engineering and construction is performed.

I don't know about housing in current cities. There are city planners who have designed completely new settlements. Perhaps they'll produce a mimic of Manhattan if that is in demand.
"WHAT KIND OF IMMIGRATION WOULD WE HAVE? Immigration? YES. Well, if you are speaking about an incoming Technate, I think for some time there would be mostly migrations. Only one thing about it -- if they left here, they never could come back. And Americans, as I said before, have never had any experience at being a political emigre. They wouldn't be happy. They would be miserable as hell no matter where they were. No, it would be some years before you would have to bother about any immigration policy. You can understand why."

- MEMBERSHIP MEETING WITH HOWARD SCOTT, 8141-16 5-5-63
archive.org/details/TheWordsAndWisdomOfHowardScott

[A QUESTION ON IMMIGRATION] Well, they're coming in here. We could support a lot of population provided we didn't have to give them any work to do. We're supporting millions of people around the world today who are not working here. Encourage people to come here? I think our position is quite clear. I think before we become magnanimous on a world basis that we ought to clean up our own house and our own backyard, and that when we've established this country and this continent on a sound fundamental basis -- not on a 10-year plan or a 5-year plan, but on a 100-year basis to where there won't be any droughts, that is, of continental significance or there won't be any epidemics, and where everyone has education wide open to him limited only by their ability, and to where there's a stable operating physical mechanism continent-wide for the production and distribution of this abundance -- then I think we can be magnanimous and offer to take in 250,000 students a year free as guests of the continent and educate them for four years, and may God have mercy on their souls when they return! I mean we could do it with no tax at all -- I mean tax in the sense of burden.

- MEMBERSHIP MEETING, DETROIT, WITH HOWARD SCOTT 1951
archive.org/details/TheWordsAndWisdomOfHowardScott

@FiveofSwords You are discussing the big Cs - […]

Trump pledges to scrap offshore wind projects on[…]

Then clarify exactly what you meant when you said[…]

...People tend to empathize with victims of viole[…]