Favorite Muscle Car. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Adrien
The Mustang GT.

All its different iterations as well, from Cobras to Shelby versions. But even the base GT remains the most inspiring one, the one that makes your heart beat faster just at the evocation of its name.

I have a soft spot in my heart for a car that is packed with muscle-carness but doesn't totally fit in the definition usually accepted, the Chrysler 300C SRT-8.

By Lensky1917
Those are nice Adrien, but I was referring to the Wikipedia definition. Specifically, made between 1964 and 1975. This one is my favorite, the 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS454.

Last edited by Lensky1917 on 25 Mar 2008 01:08, edited 1 time in total.
By hannu
Z28

Watched Muir & Gardner race these on the same bill as Stewart,Brabham, McClaren, Hill, Beltoise et all.
By Adrien
Oh sorry I only looked at the engine/power/weight part of the said definition. Well, then it reduces the scope, and I'll say more specifically..

The 1972 Mustang Mach 1.
By Notorious B.i.G.
Why go American Muscle.

Aussie can do it just as well. If not better, Yanks keep steeling our Ford XB & XC GT coups!

An XC

XC

XB

XB

XB
By Notorious B.i.G.

How could I forget the Valiant Charger! Fully sick bro!!! lol

Also the Monaro GTS
And Ford GTHO Phases I II & III

Too many to choose from!

I love it how Australia and the US have their own Muscle car cultures.
By QatzelOk
By Adrien
Screaming chicken FTW.
By Notorious B.i.G.
Ah the old Firebird! What a beautiful beautiful car
By Abood
That Chrysler is the fugliest shit ever. I cringe every time I see it on the street. The sad thing is that my dad has it--or a model similar to it. I'm not into cars and thus have no idea.

I'm all for Mustang GT's, however.
By QatzelOk
That Chrysler is the fugliest shit ever. I cringe every time I see it on the street.

It looks a bit like Christine, that horro-movie car that kills people with no driver.

Christine!

By Thunderhawk
The 300C has to much American internal styling and quality for it to be a true luxury car.. even though the rest of it is very much a Benz.

2nd generation mustang (I believe) was the epitone of muscle car. The first being underpowered (or was that 3rd and 2nd?)
By Adrien
The 300C has to much American internal styling and quality for it to be a true luxury car.. even though the rest of it is very much a Benz.

Yes, the interior of the 300/300C is a huge let-down given the German underpinnings and classic Detroit styling. But I don't care, I still fancy it like crazy, cause with such an engine under the hood, it has to be something unique.

2nd generation mustang (I believe) was the epitone of muscle car. The first being underpowered (or was that 3rd and 2nd?)

Ah, mistake!

The second generation of Mustangs is the 1974-1979 one. The first generation (basically 1964-1973) is one coherent lot even if it includes three different versions, for all of them were based on the Falcon platform.

The Mustang II was downsized on the Pinto platform, and the third generation used the Fox platform, from 1979 to 2005 actually.

So today we're only in the fourth technical generation of Mustang.

Other than that yes, the first iteration of the car was quite underpowered, it changed with the second "phase" and then again with the third one, but I'd say the second "phase" remains the paragon of muscle.

/car nerd.

It looks a bit like Christine, that horro-movie car that kills people with no driver.

Awesome movie, and awesome Plymouth Fury in it too. The 300 is maybe the car that is today the closest to Christine, but to me it's the car that is the closest to what Al Capone used to be seen in. As Jeremy Clarkson pointed out in his review of the car.
By Notorious B.i.G.
This may be the first time i've disagreed with you Adrien

As Jeremy Clarkson pointed out in his review of the car.

Jeremy Clarkson is a no tallent tool. I would never take into consideration ANYTHING he says!

lol
By Notorious B.i.G.

1970 Plymouth Superbird! Oh yeah thats stylish
By Adrien
Jeremy Clarkson is a no tallent tool. I would never take into consideration ANYTHING he says!

:eek:

Clarkson is as awesome as it gets. Just admit you're pissed off by the jokes he made on Aussies when he reviewed the Monaro..

:p
By PredatorOC
Not a single fucking mention of the Dodge Charger?!?!?! And you call this a muscle car thread!?

It doesn't get better than this.

Edit: I just noticed the rims... pay no attention to the heretical rims and admire the body.

You will not speak ill of the anointed one!
By Notorious B.i.G.
Dodge Charger is very very nice.

I like to the new Camaro, i think it really pays homage to the old school muscle car.

You will not speak ill of the anointed one!

lol. Anointed one? Who anointed him?

Tiff Needell and 5th gear is a much better show than Top Gear!
At least the presenters know how to drive a car properly! rahter than do a clarkson and crap on about how it 'should look'.
By Thunderhawk
Though I have no single favourite, atm I feel like posting this:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

The October 7th attack has not been deemed a genoc[…]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]

Xi Jinping: "vladimir, bend down even lower, […]