The Almighty Lada - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Krasniy Yastreb
Ok people, it's time to send in your old Ladas!

Here are a couple:
Hmm. Nice, red, and the snowy environment is the perfect setting. :D

Ha ha ha, cum, ha ha. (Shut up, Beavis)

By Necro99
I feel somehow lucky not to live in europe...
:eh:
By Krasniy Yastreb
OK here's another. An Estonian police Lada:

By TUC
The good thing if you have a police car like that is that you dont need to worry about car chases. You stand no chance and hence can just let whoever be that is geting away from you....unless they have the same car. In which case a bike might be faster :evil:
By Krasniy Yastreb
Dismiss not the almighty Lada, for 'tis making up for in craft that which it lacks in speed.

You think you've outrun them? No, they are waiting for you, at roadblocks on every route out of town, waiting, waiting for your prescence to stir them into action...

NOBODY CAN HIDE FROM THE ALMIGHTY LADA!!! :muha1: :muha1: :muha1:
By ZenWilsonian
My bro keeps joking that when he is old enough to drive he wants to soup up a lada and put all sorts of modifications around it. A 2 litre lada would be a cool thing.
By Sweeper
Lada? What about the Trabant?

Finally... the Trabant Limosine:
By Krasniy Yastreb
OK seeing as there has been little Lada activity here, I officially declare this the almighty thread of all Soviet and Eastern Bloc crappy yet loveable cars!

Go forth and find them! (Even Skodas)
By Adrien
Trabant Limousine... :lol:

Allright, here is the fastest car of the Eastern Bloc: the Skoda Rapid!

By Sweeper
Dri wrote:Trabant Limousine... :lol:

Allright, here is the fastest car of the Eastern Bloc: the Skoda Rapid!

Trabants are funny to crash... In Operation Flashpoint I wrecked many of them, If I get a host I can show you some from my Crash test facility.
2 shots from the M-16 was enough to destroy the car 100% so indeed a funny car to drive.
But it get wrecked so quickly.
By TUC
There is one good thing about the trabant. It will never rust. It might go moldy but it wont rust :muha1:
By Sweeper
Crashtesting the Trabant...

Who said that crashtesting is safe?

Hehehe Flashpoint pictures, rendered by GeForce 4... or GeForce 3 Ti 500 I don't recall, somewhat old pictures... But hey, it is the Trabant.
By Adrien
Here is a site i discovered today, with informations and photos of the Trabants & co. Unfortunately the informations are in french, but you can still take a look at the photos!

http://www.jlbcreations.com/eurotrabi/default.asp
By Krasniy Yastreb
When they told me at school that learning French would be useful, I never thought it could possibly be to navigate trabant websites...... :lol:

That crash test section compared with the Renault is quite impressive.
By Adrien
When they told me at school that learning French would be useful, I never thought it could possibly be to navigate trabant websites...... lol.gif

:D

Yes the crash-test is impressive.. but hey, Renault cars suck, that's not new. ;)

Anyway, the section about the history of the Trabant, with things about delays, options, etc. is really interesting too. There are even silly jokes about the RDA (GDR) and Trabants!
By Steve
I like the new Skodas...

I don't have a picture, but apparently in Cuba a limousine consists of two Ladas, one with the front removed, one with the back removed and then welded together. :lol:

My source on that was a tour guide.

Cuba's a really great place to see really, really old Soviet cars and 1950s American cars. But the best car I saw there was the homemade one - some guy made a car out of wood and some engine. And it actually drove too. :lol:
By Adrien
Yep, the new Superb is particularly nice... We can thank Volkswagen for what they did: it's the first time since, let's say, 1945 that the Skodas are honouring their name.

But the Superb is to disappear soon and not be replaced, because the new chairman of Volkswagen decided it did not match the cheap image the brand must have. Is he scarred for his ugly Passat or did he just forget Skoda's glorious past?

Aaah, marketing world is a tough one. :)
By the SovieT
Lada..... wasnt that a brazilian car or something???

yes the Brazilian industry owns it!!! who can forget the almighty Tucano fighter and the Dum-Dum pistol? :cheers: :cheers:
By Proctor
Homemade cars? Holy coolness! I want one!

Out of interest Steve, what were you doing in Cuba?

And I have to agree that the new Skodas are pretty cool. As are the new Citroens (wow, I never thought I would say that. I used to hate them with a vengeance). The Xsara kicks ass.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

still, Compared to the corrupt Putin´s familie s […]

World War II Day by Day

May 14, Tuesday Germany takes Holland At dawn[…]

The war in Ukraine is entering its third year, wit[…]

Somehow this is the CIA's fault. I'm sure. Wel[…]