Mi-16 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Yeddi
Adrien will like this topic.

I finally got to give my dad's old 1992 Peugeot 405 Mi16 a drive, and it was utterly gorgeous. I haven't had any experience driving a real sporty kind of car and so it was delicious. The only problem was that the speed limits were too low... I had to make a detour onto the freeway just so I could enjoy the acceleration up to 100km/h

The gearbox took a little gettting used to, as did the stearing, everythings so tight, the slightest adjustments make a huge difference, and S-turns... my god, the thing corners like it's on rails. it was fantastic.

I believe I'm going to drive it a lot more often now.
What an Mi16 looks like.
By Notorious B.i.G.
A mates dad had one of those. Loved it so much that when he traded it in for a BMW M3 he kept the floor mats as a reminder! lol

I have only heard good things about that car. They way it handels, accelerates.

I also like the look of it, not to flash, so people are taken by suprise, but sporty enough to make it look nice and interesting.

Does your dad's one have the 1.9L 16-valve fuel injected engin?
By Adrien

I don't know if I must just be happy for you or rather cry out of jealousy! You're driving a fantastic and rare sports sedan, and all my dad has is a Mondeo with the worst engine ever. Which makes me even more angry because the chassis is wonderful.

Anyway. Grrrrr! Take much care of this car. And don't you damage it while trying to be the new Schumacher.

:eek: ;)
By Notorious B.i.G.
Mondeo with the worst engine ever

it cannot be that bad! From what I understand, the Aston Martin V12's are basicaly two Mondeo V6's glued together...
By Yeddi
Does your dad's one have the 1.9L 16-valve fuel injected engin?

Yeah, 1992 was the last year that they had them, my mum's Mi16 (yes Adrien, we have 2 of them :p ) is a 1993 with a 2L engine, I haven't driven it, but apparently it's not nearly as good as the 1.9 in acceleration.

Loved it so much that when he traded it in for a BMW M3 he kept the floor mats as a reminder

Yeah, my dad's just bought a new Renault Megane Turbo Sport, ugly fucker, but again a fantastic drive. He still pines for his Mi16 though. heh

What I find so interesting about driving the two is just the change in technology, in the Renault everything is digital... it doesn't even have a key ignition, it's got a card and a 'start button' :lol: And you think the Mi16 has got good acceleration, jesus this thing GOES.

Really, that kinda acceleration is terrifying, so damn easy to speed in those things, they just go fast so comfortably. I think the published results for the renault have it getting to 100kmh in 6.5 seconds.
By Adrien
Notorious BIG wrote:it cannot be that bad! From what I understand, the Aston Martin V12's are basicaly two Mondeo V6's glued together...

If only we had the V6! Because yes Ford's Duratec V6 is a *jewel* in its ST versions, with a noise to die for. But my dad's car has the horrible 1.8 TD, with 90 bhp under the hood... Yep, 90 diesel horses to move 1,5 ton! Yummy, eh?

Yeddi wrote:my mum's Mi16 (yes Adrien, we have 2 of them ) is a 1993 with a 2L engine

You might as well stick a knife in my heart, we'll gain some time!

:p

Yeah, my dad's just bought a new Renault Megane Turbo Sport, ugly fucker, but again a fantastic drive. He still pines for his Mi16 though. heh

Ugly is a weak word for this horror. Oh well I guess the drive is the most important part in such a car.. Death to Renault! Death to Renault!

I think the published results for the renault have it getting to 100kmh in 6.5 seconds.

The Focus ST225 does it in 6.8 but with super styling. I'm sure it could pwn the Megane. Death to Re.. oh, I've said it already?

@SpecialOlympian Stupid is as stupid does. If[…]

It is rather trivial to transmit culture. I can j[…]

World War II Day by Day

So long as we have a civilization worth fighting […]

My opinion is that it is still "achievable&qu[…]