'New' 911 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Unperson-S
What do people think of the 'new' (meaning revised) 911?

I think its nice, but I prefer the look of old 911's, such as 1989

The new ones dont have the charm. However Im going purely by aesthetics, as I cant drive.

EDIT

Just realised the first and second pictures are different cars, one is convertable the other is hard top.
By QatzelOk
I liked the original 911, but look forward to its many future incarnations.

Porsche's styling is so stagnant.

This works for a while, but eventually, you have to either update or go extinct (Jaquar).
By chearn73
I can't say I'm a big fan of the 911 looks wise.
By Thunderhawk
they both look better as soft tops.

I too believe the older is nicer.. but thats because the newer one just looks like a nice variant of what the rest of American-Japanese inspired "streamlined" looking cars look like.

Edit: typos + forgot a word :hmm:
Last edited by Thunderhawk on 10 Aug 2006 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
By Adrien
The Jaguar style is far from being dead! The retro design of the X and S types are beautiful and rather successful, and the new design of the XK was welcomed warmly by the public.

As far as the Porsche goes, well the latest version of the 911 is still better than the pre-restyling one, which had the same headlights as the first Boxter. And even if the style seems stagnant, the brand is the most rentable of the world, so it says something.
By Kon
I learned how to drive a stick shift in a Porsche 911, it was quite the experience.

If it's about ignoring things, no one has actually[…]

Can we say the same about slavery and Jim Crow in […]

Yeah, seems like the same thing to me. Money does[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 8, Wednesday Prime Minister toppled by House[…]