Bicycles! - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By QatzelOk
By Thunderhawk
It's about as much as I could justify spending on a bike and would be my first road bike, having bought a mountain bike about 15 years ago. Sydney is a terrible place to cycle - hilly, no bike paths, stressed out car drivers...

Anyone ride around a lot? Any cycling recommendations?

Street bikes.. or more to the point, their tires, are not good on much other then paved road. Even heavily traveled and beaten dirt paths arent nice for street bike tires.

If you want to travel on grass or through forests, you need a tire with size and traction. With its size comes larger rims.
At that point, the advantage a street bike has over a mountain bike is that of its lighter frame.
By Maxim Litvinov
Oh - I ended up buying a nice Lemond Tourmalet 2006 and then improving it with basically full Ultegra, Michelin 2 tyres, a great saddle etc.

Thanks for the suggestion though - in reality I don't ride it nearly enough, and when I do it's generally on a trainer.

By Unperson-S
Very nice.

Im not riding my bike allot at the moment - by the time Im finishing lessons (I live on campus), its dark, so there isnt really anywhere where I can cycle without the risk of being hit by a speeding car - my campus is out in the middle of nowhere with no street lights

@Tainari88 @FiveofSwords appears to have suf[…]

The Roman expulsion of the Jews is irrelevant bec[…]

Jihad Watch, the far right Islamophobic blog, cla[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm Amelia. I'm 35years old and I live in one of[…]