Fuel Saving Devices - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Capitalist
With the price of fuel continuing to rise in most nations I was wondering if anyone has tried installing a fuel saving device on their car and if installing such a device has saved you fuel.
By Ford Prefect
I have a Ford Focus (-99) and there's a company named Superchips that offers something called a "Bluefin" for my car. All I need to do is to plug it in to the car, click on a couple of buttons and it will automatically tweak the factory installed ECU settings so that I will both experience a little boost in power and a rather notable difference in fuel consumption.

I will be getting this device whenever possible.
By BrightStar
Be wary of the cheap transistors off ebay, they will damage your car :)
By ZenWilsonian
Question: How do these devices save fuel over driving sensibly and having an efficient car in the first place? Given that cars nowadays have good computerised control, and that fuel efficiency is such a selling point, why wouldn't they save fuel anyway? And if these devices could save fuel for such little cost, wouldn't they come with the car?
By Boondock Saint
With the price of fuel continuing to rise in most nations I was wondering if anyone has tried installing a fuel saving device on their car and if installing such a device has saved you fuel.

No sir. I did however lease a much more effiecient auto and I have increased the amount of walking I do. So instead of driving to blockbuster or the deli or the supermarket, I walk.
By canyoucatchme
These devices sound inteesting. Do they appear in US only, or they occur everywhere else, coz I have not yet heard about them in Australia?
By Thunderhawk
I looked at GDI engines when they came out - its an efficient and nice system for engines that dont need large amounts of power.

If I ever get a car, I'll be looking for GDI engines (Volkswagon makes a nice one, I think they call it FSI)

Edit: Im now looking at getting a car, and nobody sells them here in Canada unless I want to pay a good chunk more.

@FiveofSwords In previous posts, you have sai[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 23, Thursday Fascists detained under defense[…]

Taiwan-China crysis.

War or no war? China holds military drills around[…]

Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will d[…]