Cash vs. Credit - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Everything from personal credit card debt to government borrowing debt.

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

By Russkie
Why is Credit more encouraged? It seems to me that the goverment is forcing you to use Credit in order to buy homes, and that exposes you and you can be tracked. Shouldn't there be other ways to improve your financial history or show that you are a responsible payer.

Right now, Hard currency is still one of the best secure ways of doing transactions, of course , if you don't want to be tracked.
By Godwynn
Russkie wrote:Why is Credit more encouraged? It seems to me that the goverment is forcing you to use Credit in order to buy homes, and that exposes you and you can be tracked. Shouldn't there be other ways to improve your financial history or show that you are a responsible payer.

Right now, Hard currency is still one of the best secure ways of doing transactions, of course , if you don't want to be tracked.

I prefer not to have a credit card, I like to pay for my things in cold hard cash (or Debit). However, buying things on credit is not a problem if you are able to make your payments. We have seen recently how dangerous credit can be if it is just thrown around (Housing Market).

One bit of advice, never purchase a vehicle with a loan, or any other consumable asset for that matter. I see too many people doing this and it is unwise unless a vehicle is needed immediately. In short, if you are able to save money, throw your cash into a short term bond or CD to grow it while amassing enough to purchase the automobile of your choice.
By Russkie
Credit Card Companies are very predatory, and forcing people to use them just to improve their credit score is wrong.
By Ordord
it's a trade off. They're forcing no one. Like Godwynn has pointed out, he chooses not to own one for the sake of privacy. I, on the other hand, use it for tshirts and mcflurries - you can establish credit with individual stores who sell their "credit cards" that only work there - I first started building credit by opening up an account with a local body shop that did work on my car; even though I could've payed up front, I decided to pay in installments to improve my credit. never too early to start.
By Oxymoron
ok if you buy on cash a item for $10 sell it for $15 you made 50% profit on money invested. If you buy at $10 with $2.5 cash and $7.5 credit and sell it for $15 you made 200% on your money.

@Rich " Race, Race, Race, Race, Race, Rac[…]

Settler colonialism is done by colonizers, indigen[…]

We all know those supposed "political fact ch[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Western Think Tank who claimed otherwise before ha[…]