Influence of mobile internet in Tibet - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Like people in Beijing and the rest of the world, monks in Tibetan monasteries are also worried about the missing MH370 flight and pray for the missing passengers by chanting sutra, according to Xinhua.

With the appearance of smart phones in Tibet and Chinese government's effort in removing dead zones of mobile communication, Tibet has narrowed down the telecommunication gap with inland China and embarked on developing mode with mobile internet influence.

Tobgye,a monk of the Tashilhunpo Monastery, often shares news including the about-to-conclude two sessions in his friends circle on WeChat, a social network popular among Chinese Smartphone users.

"The representatives of all works of life in Tibet have gone to Beijing for the two sessions. I'm interested and concerned for their proposals and suggestions. I think cities in Tibet such as Lhasa and Shigatse are on a quite fit development, yet the rural areas, especially in remote agricultural and pastoral land, fall really behind. I hope new policies and messages could come out soon."

Statistics from the regional government in Tibet shows that internet users in Tibet had reached 2 million by the end of 2013, covering the region's 67 percent families.

Analysts say the "Mobile Internet Age" comes to Tibet and brings new opportunities created by information technology to Tibet the same way it influence other places in China.
A phenomena that is influencing the whole of the world.

It is also potential that these mobile networks could become great resources for Uighur and Tibetan activists that seek independence or greater autonomy from China. It is a double edged sword, as they say.

Just as the jungle is neutral, pouring its afflictions and fruits upon both the enemy and the allies, the technology when so wide spread is also fundamentally neutral.

But perhaps it does have a pacifying affect.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

There is a guest lecture about this in that Ukrai[…]

@FiveofSwords A person's academic work should[…]

I find it bizarre that people like @Unthinking M[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 15, Wednesday Britons flock to the local def[…]