Tibetan artists hold charity shows for Shangri-la rescue - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
BEIJING, Jan. 20 (China Tibet Online) Tibetan artists held a charity show in Beijing last Friday, to raise funds for the rescuing and restoration of Dukezong ancient town destroyed in the Shangri-la fire.

Tibetan singers and bands including Jamyang Drolma, and Mani Stone Band together presented the show at the Beijing 798 Art Zone on the evening of Jan. 17 for free, aiming to draw people's attention to the rescuing and restoration of the ancient town in Shangri-la.

Three of the Tibetan artists are from Dukezong, whose family houses and business stores were ruined in the fire.

"The fire has almost destroyed my hometown, but we, the people, have survived, and the culture of Shangri-la is still there. I believe we will restore and restart," said Gelsang, the leader of the Mani Stone Band.

Themed "Eternal Light", the show consisted of four parts: "light of fire", "light of butter lamp", "light of hope", and "light of eternity", highlighting people's belief in preserving and restoring the spiritual value of the ancient town in Shangri-la.

Rinpoche Gyatso, a charity star active on the Sina Weibo and a living Buddha of Tibetan Buddhism, held a little pray tribute during the second part "Light of Butter Lamp", saying that the spiritual value of Shangri-la would be carried on and people should be hopeful with a reflection on how to develop ancient towns while better preserving them.

Initiated by Mani Stone Band and other Tibetan artists in Beijing, the charity show was organized by Rila Linca Travel Agency, co-organized by the Charity Association of Deqen Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, and supported by the Beijing 798 Art Zone's "Live House", which used to hold no more than 100 people yet saw over 200 hundred visitors from all works of life in Beijing to come for the fund-raising event last Friday.

Representatives from the Deqen civil affairs bureau also attended the charity show and promised that, "The raised money will be utilized to help 36 local residencies to resettle and restore life in Shangri-la." Deqeng Charity Association will also send people to monitor the fund use and answer to donators' queries for it.

http://eng.tibet.cn/2012sy/xw/201401/t20140120_1968447.html

@QatzelOk All Zionists are Jews, but not all […]

Waiting for Starmer

I strongly dislike Keir Starmer, but I think it’s[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 23, Thursday Fascists detained under defense[…]

Taiwan-China crysis.

War or no war? China holds military drills around[…]