Why is Youtube.com Blocked by China? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
find an interesting article from a blog:

Why is Youtube.com Blocked by China?

Why is Youtube.com Blocked by China?

I know why, almost of us know it. But reasons might be different.

I don’t have any interest in reading document of bullshit Tibet’s history. I just know almost all of Tibets’ ppl can speak Chinese, I had classmates from Tibet in my college before. I just know Tibet’s high school students can get benefits to enter into college easier. I just know our government devotes a lot of money into that poorest area for their infrastructure construction.

Frankly, I wish Chinese government could threw that rogue shit away from China.

But we can’t. Everyone except some idiots like Stephen spielberg knows that tibet’s independency is supported by some Western countries like USA. If Tibet is out of control of China, it will become the military base of USA.

almost all of ppl in Tibet is farmer. Do you know what a farmer is always thinking of? They just think of the weather and their crop. They are just worried about their lives. It’s meaningless for them to know whom Tibet belongs to. They just would be happy if they could afford their lives and even make their lives much more richer. There is just a gang of shit always provoking fights for rediculous independency. You know what, I bet that almost all of these shit don’t know what they are fighting for. They are just some homeless and gangsters assembled by some Big Shit, who promise they will
gave some money after the fighting.

And after some Western media such as CNN’s news report, it looks like Tibet’s ppl are being suppressed and tortued by China’s government. Some Western idoits begin to bark at China. You know what, 1.3billion Chinese including Tibet’s farmer and common ppl are making fun of you clown. What fun it is.

We don’t like Tibet that much,except Potala Palace. China does not allow for Tibet’s independency just because it is our China’s territory, and all people in China think so! If anyone arguing the issue about Tibet, he is fighting against with all people in China. You don’t believe it? If a famous website makes a poll, the result will be very obvious just like Yao Ming can be voted as Top one in NBA all-start list, which is the will of China’s people.

copyright: http://chinasecret.org/
By Godstud
It's just some Chinese guy's opinion. I guess if you don't recognize your own lack of freedom you can't recognize someone else's want for it.

That's my opinion though.
By HoniSoit
This article is deeply racist but unfortunately not a small number of people in China share such sentiments.
By Shayn
Who the hell are we in the West to criticize that actions of the Chinese? Talk about hypocritical...
By HoniSoit
Shayn wrote:Who the hell are we in the West to criticize that actions of the Chinese? Talk about hypocritical...

Tell that to RouPaulalways and we will have an endless debate. ;)
By Igor Antunov
Why are certain parts of youtube blocked by Britain? Why are thousands of youtube video's blocked by Germany? why why why bla bla bla.
By HoniSoit
It's already unblocked as far as I'm aware before the posting of this article.

I did see a video - while youtube was still blocked - containing a footage of Tibetan protesters on the ground hands tied before their back being beaten by some Chinese - not in uniform though.
By Lone Gunman
YouTube is blocked in China because the Chinese government is full of wankers and despots. Happy?

I won't say that regular Chinese people have no understanding of freedom or democracy, this is simply not the case as I have been there more than once. Fact is Chinese people, while patriotic, have a deep desire for democracy and many will express these feelings if you come across as friendly. I mean I'm Chinese myself, it's the reason why my mother left China and came to Australia. Chinese people however do need to learn a thing or two about human rights and values as they extend to all people and need to stop being blinded by this rampant nationalism we see sprouting up here and there within society.
By Godstud
Who the hell are we in the West to criticize that actions of the Chinese? Talk about hypocritical...

We are people who have the freedom to have an opinion on anything and to comment on it.
How are we being hypocritical?
By Holt
This article is deeply racist but unfortunately not a small number of people in China share such sentiments.

Indeed. Though unlike 19th century Dave-style Western racism, Chinese bigotry has only ever affected a few minorities living within China.
By supri q
China Secret, No boast, No prejudice, Just Truth!

I stopped right there. Anything that follows is likely to be propaganda.
By Notorious B.i.G.
Tibetans (and people in general) just need to get over the fact that Tibet is now part of China. You lost, get over it 8) . Work with the system and things will improve.
By supri q
Godstud wrote:http://peoplefortibet.blogspot.com/

I am sure this blog is less opinion/propaganda and more facts.

http://peoplefortibet.blogspot.com/ wrote:Friends of Tibet is a people's movement to keep alive the issue of Tibet through direct action. Our activities are aimed at ending China's occupation of Tibet and the suffering of the Tibetan people. Friends of Tibet supports the continued struggle of the Tibetan people for independence.

At least they're telling you who they are and what they want instead of saying: "We are not biased, we are objective, just the truth here"

Tibetans (and people in general) just need to get over the fact that Tibet is now part of China.

The Tibetans can do whatever they want in my view and have the right to make new facts according to right of self-determination.

You lost, get over it

The Tibetans lost, yes.

Work with the system and things will improve.

Right of resistance is the legal basis for working against the system in this instance. I don't particularly like authoritarian regimes, be it monk's rule or that of a single party.
By Notorious B.i.G.
The Tibetans lost, yes.

So why can't they just accept this fact? Why do they have to keep carrying on about self-determination? Thank god Woodrow Wilson isn't still alive, other wise every little piss ant ethnic group would have its own nation!

*EDIT*
I'm sorry Woodrow. You know I really do love you!
By supri q
So why can't they just accept this fact? Why do they have to keep carrying on about self-determination?

I don't know, I am not Tibetan. As a german I would however be pissed if the Rhineland would still be in control of the french and the british and as a french I would be pissed if Alsace would still be controlled by the germans. I guess its somethings similar for the tibetans.

Thank god Woodrow Wilson isn't still alive, other wise every little piss ant ethnic group would have its own nation!

I am not saying that it would be desirable in any and all cases but what exactly would be the problem? As I see it a lot of "little piss ant ethnic groups" in Europe have their own nation and its working pretty fine, too. It seems to be a historic continuity that multiethnic states like Yugoslavia, Tschechoslovakia and the Austrian-hungarian kingdom fall and split.
By sitestractor
They are just some homeless and gangsters assembled by some Big Shit,

I don't know, I am not Tibetan.

I'm sure no one knows except for the high-level of the Lama group.
But well I'm kind of sure that everyone wouldn't like to admit that Tibet's movement is sponsored by some countries.

Tibet is jut like one of other 33 provinces in China, having no military force(army, tank, even guns), no financial administration power. As for Lama group, one of 56 ethnic groups in China, it has nothing as it were.

It’s not that easy to tell getting over the fact, as Lama group has its another conspiracy and purpose, as it has some history which can be used by others.
By Teen Politican
Who is right and who is wrong?
Who's the winner,and who's the loser?

Maybe only the time can prove it.
By Oxymoron
You definately fit one of those categories TP.

NOVA SCOTIA (New Scotland, 18th Century) No fu[…]

If people have that impression then they're just […]

^ this is the continuation of the pre-1948 confli[…]

A millennial who went to college in his 30s when […]