Is China more modern than Japan? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Ahovking is operating on the assumption that anything Japan says is wrong. Hence he will always say "your education sucks", regardless of the facts. It's funny that his own wiki source disproves him, it just goes to show how people see what they want to see, to the point that it can even distort numbers.
Rei Murasame wrote:Ahovking is operating on the assumption that anything Japan says is wrong. Hence he will always say "your education sucks", regardless of the facts. It's funny that his own wiki source disproves him, it just goes to show how people see what they want to see, to the point that it can even distort numbers.

I know. But its annoying to debate with someone who can't even count.
What does it matter how old China or Japan are. The fact remains that in the last decade China has surpassed Japan as a world power and that doesn't look like changing any time in the near future.
jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:What does it matter how old China or Japan are. The fact remains that in the last decade China has surpassed Japan as a world power and that doesn't look like changing any time in the near future.

China has nothing. A worldpower?

Look at them...

worldpower lol
Last edited by Siberian Fox on 27 Jul 2013 21:31, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Rule three. Warned.
Akuma wrote:China has nothing. A worldpower? [cut]

Whoa, don't rise to it, Jessup is just trying to goad you into rule violations by doing China-cheerleading. That's all they've got now.

They have to fight vicariously through China, because that's all they've got to annoy the rest of Asia with now. The fact that Jessup already admits that the Asian century is coming is enough already, he knows that his time is going to be over very soon. He's just cheerleading for China purely in an attempt to be annoying.
The article is BS. Just because Shanghai is more modern than some rural Japanese town doesn't mean that China is more modern than Japan. The best parts of Africa and Latin America would look better than the worst places in Europe and America but the former aren't better than the latter in general.
Chinese civilisation developed around (2100 to 1600 BC) while Japanese civilisation developed around (12,000 BC to 14,000 BC)

Did China contribute anything to the modern world that we live today?

I mean that people talk a lot about China and claim how Chinese were superior to other civilizations. But when asking them to prove this, then the silence gets too loud.

But, of course, I agree that China was the most advanced country(because of its population) in old ages that low production and low technology everywhere.
It is the economic powerhouse that keeps capitalism afloat.....at best Japan makes fancy toys and some shit involving videogames and lasers.

ps: lol did you just say you're cool with being compared to a groping octopus?

No, that's not true. China is probably far away from being an economic powerhose for several reasons that are obvious. You know it's now an oligarchy. Those political elites in CPC own everything in the country.

What would you expect from world's most corrput country or their political elite? Sharing their 'dirty wealth' with masses? I don't think so. It seems those people in China government are just busy with fulfilling their pockets. Who cares about growth rates?
Istanbuller wrote:
No, that's not true. China is probably far away from being an economic powerhose for several reasons that are obvious. You know it's now an oligarchy. Those political elites in CPC own everything in the country.

What would you expect from world's most corrput country or their political elite? Sharing their 'dirty wealth' with masses? I don't think so. It seems those people in China government are just busy with fulfilling their pockets. Who cares about growth rates?

true and their actual numbers show downwards. It looks like the bubble soon bursts. Will be interesting to see what happens then. China often has internal struggles and revolts.
Capitalism is built on inequality. It is logical to assume the place that produces most of its cheap goods would not be equitable with the profits. I still think China would just up the oppression if threatened with collapse.
true and their actual numbers show downwards. It looks like the bubble soon bursts. Will be interesting to see what happens then. China often has internal struggles and revolts

I know this. They are trying to find a way to deal with recession. Chinese govt tries to encourage its rural people to move urbanized areas. Because those rural people consume nothing And the next step can be punishment to those people who do not buy anything but doing everything at home

Capitalism is built on inequality. It is logical to assume the place that produces most of its cheap goods would not be equitable with the profits. I still think China would just up the oppression if threatened with collapse.

I wasn't talking about inequality or redistribution
Akuma wrote:They had cultural impact but not genetic ones.

I would also like to add that japanese culture dates back much further than chinese. The Jōmon period can be traced back in Japan more than 14.000 years. You know, in that time your people still lived in caves...as they do in a way till today... :roll:

I vastly prefer Japanese culture to Chinese, but the fact remains that the Japanese could not even read or write until the chinese came over by boat and taught them the kanji characters, which are still used today.

That said, the Japanese culture is vastly superior to the chinese, and IMO have a far better, more desirable way of life.
Sithsaber wrote:2. You do know a graying population is also a big deal in Japan right?

That is also the case in China and the situation is becoming worse due to the one-child policy, sexual imbalance and not being developed enough. Japan is developed enough to replace the declining population with robots and maintain a similar standard of living, which China hasn't achieved yet.
I had a good conversation with an acquaintance of mine here in Thailand, who is a Chinese Solar Engineer, working here. He was not nearly as optimistic as a lot of people think a Chinese person might be, about the future of China, and highlighted a great many problems that exist there now, and indeed will plague China for year(decades?) to come.

For every person they see with a fancy car(BMW, Infiniti, etc.), there's a million who don't have them. The disparity between the rich and poor is getting larger.

Many people are travelling and getting education abroad and coming back and spreading general dissatisfaction in China, about conditions there.

There's more, but I've gotta get some breakfast in me.
Did China contribute anything to the modern world that we live today?

I mean that people talk a lot about China and claim how Chinese were superior to other civilizations. But when asking them to prove this, then the silence gets too loud.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_C ... inventions

Basically responsible for your way of life and many of the things you do in it.

The disparity between the rich and poor is getting larger.

Name a country where this doesn't hold true. You won't have many to name.

So from this I can spot 2 arguments. The first ar[…]

@Pants-of-dog the tweets address official statem[…]

No dummy, my source is Hans Rosling. https://en.[…]

@Potemkin wrote: You are mistaken about this. […]