China touches down on the Moon - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
I'm agnostic, but lean towards theism. Have all of my posts about Hellbound reprobates in Russkie's threads given the impression that I'm a Christian fundamentalist?
Oh, I absolutely accept we'll never know for sure. I suppose I lean towards the belief that there is a higher power, although I couldn't expand on what that means.
Beren wrote:I'm worried about the fact that there is more carbon-dioxide in the atmosphere than there has ever been in the last 400,000 years, and that ratio is rapidly growing.

The last 400.000 years is a blink of an eye compared to earth age. Not long ago you had a climate in europe compareable to brazil.
This ignores the spirit of human exploration, which is not solely for economic benefit. No one climbs Everest, or completes a solo Arctic expedition, looking for "resources". NASA has given us an incredible amount of knowledge and perspective on the solar system for a trivial amount of money (it was about .5% of the US Federal budget before being slashed at the behest of the Tea Party).

Spirit of human exploration has always been economic. Whether the Vikings, Columbus, Conquistadors etc, the quest was always based on expanding resource base. Those were true exploration, the mount Everest was useless and foolish.

Listen I am not against the space program, but we should be using the resources to create a real defense against Comets, Meteorites etc.
That I see a need for, but going to the moon? So that we can go to another barren planet? What for?
Akuma wrote:The last 400.000 years is a blink of an eye compared to earth age. Not long ago you had a climate in europe compareable to brazil.

Sure, and the earth has already been a snow- as well as a fireball before, so why should we care?

However, this chart makes me worry a bit:

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Moscow expansion drives former so called Warsaw (i[…]

Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will do[…]

https://i.ibb.co/VDfthZC/IMG-0141&#[…]

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]