Nytimes website is blocked again by china government - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
I have watched the Nytimes from online for a long time,but recent couple days I cann't access Nytimes anymore.I'm really pissed off.It seems that their website is blocked by the GFW again!

More ridiculous,I even got an alert from Nytimes which said "China Is Said to Restore Blocks on Web Sites ", I donn't know what to say now :eh: :eh:
By liberalgirl
Are you in China now Shenlu? What's GFW? It is very unreasonable they block overseas websites again. :hmm:
By shenlu54
I live in mainland.GFW=Great FireWall
I cann't believe they would do these ugly things after the Olympics,but it is happening now,today......
BTW, blogspot is always inaccessible even during the Olympic games.BUt it's okey,I don't surf in that website,but nytimes......my god,they go too far.

liberalgirl,from your posts I guess you are a mainlander too,because you are so acquainted with china socity,history,knowing how we teach children,how people think.Those from outside usually don't know that much.
By liberalgirl
Yeah I came from mainland too, nice to meet u, how do u come to this website? It's not been blocked in China?
By shenlu54
Yeah I came from mainland too, nice to meet u, how do u come to this website? It's not been blocked in China?

Probably they havn't noticed this website,lol.

And yes,Independent,Guardian,Wall Street Journal and finacial times are all not blocked,CNN and bbc are fine too,it seems Nytimes is the only one which is blocked by GFW in the mainstreet media.It's quite a little weird now:?:
By reddeath26
While it is quite good that they unblocked it again, I am sorry that you live in a country which can so freely block websites from their citizens. If New Zealand was to ever propose such a move, I (like many others here) would strongly protest it. Although I am fortunate enough to have the political freedom to do so here.

As for the New York Times itself, from watching their videos on their World podcast they do not seem to be anti-China. I have seen negative and positive stories relating to China.
By kingbee
The thing is that proxy servers can be used so easily. If the Chinese really want to hear a story, they'll find a way.
By DarkInsight
The thing is that proxy servers can be used so easily. If the Chinese really want to hear a story, they'll find a way.

It is constantly watched and usually unsafe.
By Timkunming
SSH is always an option - albeit a bit complex to install and set up.

The above poster is correct...if we really want to see something, there are always methods available with varying degrees of security and confidentiality.

The commonfolk will remain under the information control of the CCP but those who know otherwise are, and have been doing these types of things for years.
By Tmartin
How strict do they monitor your web traffic? I just finished The book, The Shadow Factory and its a little scary
By corleniet
never~ LZ , that's your problem

Dont ever run to american complain our GOV

If people have that impression then they're just […]

^ this is the continuation of the pre-1948 confli[…]

A millennial who went to college in his 30s when […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting video on why Macron wants to deploy F[…]