Trump calling CNN "Very Fake News" - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

layman wrote:This from a guy who can't finish a paragraph without at least one porky.

What an Amateurish rant that press conference was. When will his supporters admit they were wrong?

The day they admit their folly is the day Jesus will come back, cause that would be a miracle to big for Him to handle.
You are the President of the US and the media is obviously controlled by people who want you to fail. What would you do? He has no choice except to attack the press. They are his enemy and anyone who does not see that is too naive to discuss the subject.
The media is there to make money. There is no conspiracy beyond that.

This is how Obama's first 100 days were covered:

Before that, the New York Times had to appologize for being in bed with the Bush administration.

And I can find various other examples of the press sucking off rightwing sources easily enough.

Because it's about money. Trump is somewhat unique for not realizing that the capitalist press makes money, and instead assumes that this is all about his precious feelings. As I've been pointing out, this is how liberals of his stripe have been encouraged to contexualize things for years.

Decades probably. I always think of the ultimate expression of this being, "My heart and my best intentions tell me that's true; but the facts and the evidence say otherwise."

Because, you know, it matters what you feel like reality is than what reality actually is.
The media is there to make money. There is no conspiracy beyond that.

I would agree with you up to now. This has gone far beyond what is normal sensationalism for profit. These are deliberate sides being chosen based upon idealistic nonsense. We have become people who are so bored, we become obsessed to overcome our own boredom. We have become a society based upon mass hysteria that has no factual basis. It is all pretend drama.
One Degree wrote:I would agree with you up to now. This has gone far beyond what is normal sensationalism for profit. These are deliberate sides being chosen based upon idealistic nonsense. We have become people who are so bored, we become obsessed to overcome our own boredom. We have become a society based upon mass hysteria that has no factual basis. It is all pretend drama.

There is an actual reality, of course. Everything is not pretend. You should not forget you're being played by both the media and Trump. Trump is a master performance artist, the Laurie Anderson of the right. If he chose to do so, Trump could easily quiet the noise machine - but he chooses instead to kick it into overdrive.
quetzalcoatl wrote:There is an actual reality, of course. Everything is not pretend. You should not forget you're being played by both the media and Trump. Trump is a master performance artist, the Laurie Anderson of the right. If he chose to do so, Trump could easily quiet the noise machine - but he chooses instead to kick it into overdrive.

I am afraid I have come to the conclusion that even believing in an intelligent Oligarchy is optimism. I think maybe humans require hardship to remain sane. Comfort seems to make us crazy. I don't think even those who believe they are in charge have the faintest idea of a long term goal for humanity. No plan means no reason to apply sanity to our current situation. We can all just flip flop through life based upon our emotions each day.
God, even if Trump is going to make me rich with de-regularization, I just cannot take this guy seriously anymore. There's no way he can get re-elected in 4 years right?
In the case of CNN at least Trump's accusation is factually correct. It is funny to see a president just come out an say it like a normal person would; with professional politicians you'd expect them to just spin the fake news in a new direction that suits them whilst being very careful not to offend the press as people who can make or break their careers with shameless slander. Trump doesn't seem to care about that.

Just gonna throw this out there for a Trotskyite perspective:

The warfare within the ruling class is being waged along a front that extends from the intelligence agencies through the Republican Party and into the Trump White House itself—as evidenced by the number of leaks coming from “current administration officials.” It is notable that Vice President Mike Pence, who would assume the presidency if Trump were to be impeached or resign, has been kept above the fray by all sides in the conflict.

Tuesday brought an ominous signal that the military brass may become involved. In a breach of democratic norms, Army Gen. Raymond Thomas, commander of US Special Operations forces—including the Navy SEALs and Army Green Berets—commented on the controversy that day.

“Our government continues to be in unbelievable turmoil,” said Thomas, in evident reference to the departure of Flynn, while speaking at a public event in Maryland. “I hope they sort it out soon because we’re a nation at war.” Later when given an opportunity to clarify his comment, Thomas instead reiterated it. “As a commander, I’m concerned our government be as stable as possible,” he said.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2017/0 ... m-f16.html

The soft-coup meme is exploding all over the internet. I can't parse what level of truth to assign this, but I'd much prefer Trump to a military-backed Pence.
The Immortal Goon wrote:The media is there to make money.

Here! And then other people say that the western media absolutely honest concerning Russia :) At the same time, what is characteristic, the average western user has no other information on Russia, except these media. And people sincerely consider themselves understanding a political situation.
Rancid wrote:God, even if Trump is going to make me rich with de-regularization, I just cannot take this guy seriously anymore. There's no way he can get re-elected in 4 years right?

Leave it to an engineer to bring up de-regularization.
SolarCross wrote:In the case of CNN at least Trump's accusation is factually correct. It is funny to see a president just come out an say it like a normal person would; with professional politicians you'd expect them to just spin the fake news in a new direction that suits them whilst being very careful not to offend the press as people who can make or break their careers with shameless slander. Trump doesn't seem to care about that.

That girl was carried by more than one person as she was being rescued from a bombing. CNN never claimed that those were three separate incidents.

The claim that this triptych is "fake news" is itself a dishonest portrayal of CNN. You got fooled by a meme.
Here! And then other people say that the western media absolutely honest concerning Russia :) At the same time, what is characteristic, the average western user has no other information on Russia, except these media. And people sincerely consider themselves understanding a political situation.

Just because you can recognize that Media companies are going to have a bias towards making money doesn't automatically mean they lie about everything or Russia specifically. They have no particular financial interest in attacking or protecting the totality of Russian interests. You have to take each story with varying amounts of salt on a case by case basis. Far less salt than Russia's putin owned and controlled media regardless.
layman wrote:What an Amateurish rant that press conference was. When will his supporters admit they were wrong?

Wrong about what? Trump calls it like it is; the establishment can't take it. CNN is very fake news. It's hilarious. I remember when George H.W. Bush was losing to Clinton and he insisted the media was just "carping." Trump takes it right to them. It's awesome. I'm loving every minute of it.

The Immortal Goon wrote:The media is there to make money. There is no conspiracy beyond that.

Wikileaks and DCLeaks revealed substantial coordination between the DNC and the media. So there is certainly two or more persons acting in furtherance of an end not intended by the first amendment. They are propaganda outlets now. Bezos didn't buy WaPo, because he was expecting a return on investment. It's more or less a liability for him. He uses it to further is political agenda, just as MSNBC furthers Microsoft's (Bill Gate's) political agenda. Wikileaks and DCLeaks laid it bare for the voter. Trump is now showing that Obama holdovers were coordinating with the media with respect to General Flynn. There's little doubt about this anymore.

One Degree wrote:These are deliberate sides being chosen based upon idealistic nonsense.

It's hard to believe after 24, Madame Secretary, Black Lives Matter and the incredibly slanted coverage--the coordination between the DNC and media laid bare by WikiLeaks and DCLeaks--that anybody can seriously believe that the press is somehow going to regain its credibility while staffed with the same personnel.

SolarCross wrote:In the case of CNN at least Trump's accusation is factually correct. It is funny to see a president just come out an say it like a normal person would; with professional politicians you'd expect them to just spin the fake news in a new direction that suits them whilst being very careful not to offend the press as people who can make or break their careers with shameless slander. Trump doesn't seem to care about that.

That's why I was laughing so hard yesterday. They find little nits to pick and think that will get his supporters to leave him. They still don't understand how unpopular they are. I couldn't believe it when he told the press that they had a lower approval rating than Congress. It was hysterical.

So far, lots of good comments and anecdotes - but […]

I bet you'd love to watch footage of her being ra[…]

I don't really think there is a fundamental diffe[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is because the definition of "anti-semi[…]