John Oliver: Migrants and Refugees (HBO) - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

mikema63 wrote:Probably because there choices are fighting for a dictator ....
The dictatorial regime of Bashar Assad is not the problem, it is a symptom of the problem. Syria is political correctness gone mad. Muslims can't be trusted with democracy so no one is allowed it. No the long term solution is the reparation of Iraq, Syria, Iran and Turkey in order to create a free Infidel State in the Levant and a neighbouring Kurdish State that can be supplied through the Infield State.

Rather than allowing the ethnic cleansing and genocide of the the Middle East's population we should be sending settlers back to reclaim our Levantine birth right. Israel shows what is possible. Israel is a technological and cultural world leader. Christians in Israel do very well. A Levantine infidel state could be alike a beacon of light, an example in the Middle East as Taiwan, Hong Kong and South Korea were on mainland East Asia.
mikema63 wrote:The problem is that so few Americans are, the only way for most Americans to learn about news stories is if you entertain them constantly, or keep them very angry.

The American right specializes in anger, the american left goes the comedy route.

Sounds like you've been amusing yourselves to death.

I'd also be critical of television as a source of news because the sounds and images are too distracting. Long form written journalism is usually the best means of educating yourself on a topic.
mikema63 wrote:The problem is that so few Americans are, the only way for most Americans to learn about news stories is if you entertain them constantly, or keep them very angry.
The American right specializes in anger, the american left goes the comedy route.

Do you specialize in generalities? Question still is why aren't the strong young men fighting for their country? Every other generation has? And Why oh why aren't other Muslim countries taking them in?
I already explained that the only options are for a dictator or for islamists, maybe they don't want to throw their lives away on a cause they don't believe in.

And Why oh why aren't other Muslim countries taking them in?

Because they don't want to deal with it.
mikema63 wrote:I already explained that the only options are for a dictator or for islamists, maybe they don't want to throw their lives away on a cause they don't believe in.
Because they don't want to deal with it.

I don't know what country you're in, but as far as I know the leader of the army usually decides what the army will or will not fight for.. it is not the choice of the individual soldier !
The question remains, WHY aren't all of these strong young men fighting for their country?
the answer can not be, they don't feel like it, that is not acceptable.. they don't feel like it, so they go running to CHRISTIAN countries to get supported by public welfare?
Take in the women and children to be sure, but the young strong men need to fight for their own country !
I am against war and against ever harming an innocent person The second world war had to be fought and now ISIS also must be fought, Thy both want/wanted to rule the world with their
disgusting Ideology.

Would I ever kill innocents ? No, however the question must be put into context.. would I be willing to have 200 civilizations die, in order to save 20,000...? That is the real question..
That is the reality of war.... which I hate !

And I hate the butchering terrorists who are forcing us into positions such as this.
You've never heard of conscription, mike? Plenty of countries have been known to execute conscientious objectors.

Anyway I don't think Elyzabeth is arguing that the refugees should be sent to the front lines but that the armed forces of other countries should contribute to the elimination of Isis.
I have heard of conscription obviously , but Elyzabeth is actively questioning why refugees don't stay and fight in their country.

Elyzabeth is clearly suggesting that we shouldn't take them in because they could stay and fight in Syria, for who and with what cause seems to be entirely unimportant.

It's essentially asking them to go get themselves killed for no reason because I don't want to let in refugees, it is indeed silly.
Ugh, I'm so sick of right-wingers prostrating themselves and demanding everyone look at how weak they are and then trying to act tough at the same time.

Bring the refugees to Oregon. We already said we'd take 'em, and most of the state is completely unpopulated. They'd probably prefer the high desert in the unpopulated area to the temperate rain forest of the west. But the rest of the country sends their unwanted here. We're not crying pussies about it either.

I'm not scared for my life because I'm a fucking grown up. Send 'em over.

Just stop the constant whining. Please, for the love of God, stop whining and fretting about shadows. We'll save you weak asses from your own shadows once again
The Immortal Goon wrote:Ugh, I'm so sick of right-wingers prostrating themselves and demanding everyone look at how weak they are and then trying to act tough at the same time.

Bring the refugees to Oregon. We already said we'd take 'em, and most of the state is completely unpopulated. They'd probably prefer the high desert in the unpopulated area to the temperate rain forest of the west. But the rest of the country sends their unwanted here. We're not crying pussies about it either.

I'm not scared for my life because I'm a fucking grown up. Send 'em over.

Just stop the constant whining. Please, for the love of God, stop whining and fretting about shadows. We'll save you weak asses from your own shadows once again

The problem with a solution like "send them to Oregon" is that we have freedom of movement in the United States, so they could immediately leave Oregon. Unless something significant were to change in the law, this is a national issue and not a state issue.
Fine, wet yourselves in fear. Whatever. I don't care. I just can't stand the fucking whining and victimizing, and then trying to sound like a tough guy in the next sentence. I'd have children if I wanted to hear about people's special feelings of weakness in regard to their irrational fears.
mikema63 wrote:You cannot demand people go fight and die for causes they dont beleive in. Arguing against refugees is one thing but that is a ridiculous demand.
Soldiers are part of their Governments, they do not have to, or indeed are able to, pick and choose what they will or won't do! To think otherwise, shows a surprising lack of understanding about how Governments work ?

@FiveofSwords A dollar bill is real - you can […]

God dammit, Rich. This is like whenever anyone b[…]

The cost-of-living crisis is so bleak that some G[…]

wat0n , I think I found a quote that might help b[…]