Edward Snowden: Taking Back The Internet - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The novelty of a telepresence robot.

Personally I thought he came across as eloquent and thoughtful (he was obviously prepared for the given questions), however the ending came across as a little bit naive.

[youtube]yVwAodrjZMY[/youtube]

Appearing by telepresence robot, Edward Snowden speaks at TED2014 about surveillance and Internet freedom. The right to data privacy, he suggests, is not a partisan issue, but requires a fundamental rethink of the role of the internet in our lives — and the laws that protect it. "Your rights matter," he say, "because you never know when you're going to need them." Chris Anderson interviews, with special guest Tim Berners-Lee.

Talking points:

- Prism program, deputizing corporate America
- Amazon is the book store of the world, governments know what you buy
- state of oversight within American intelligence
- programs never stopped an imminent terrorist attack
- NSA is misleading corporate partners, compromises their security

- Snowden claims he's proof that 'we' can win against the most powerful intelligence agencies in the world
Last edited by The Sabbaticus on 28 Jun 2015 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, but that makes him sound like a Reddit neckbeard with a mountain dew obsession. Instead, I found him congenial and accessible for the common man. Besides, this isn't about Snowden, this is about the work he did.
Snowden is an idealist. I'd hardly call him naive. He knew what the repercussions were for what he did, and did them anyhow. We need more people like him, and less Trumps.

Are you claiming he never said these words: Yes[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

All empires are evil. The roman empire specifical[…]

@FiveofSwords " To preserve his genes &q[…]

another thread: Fewer jobs available for those w[…]